E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Parting out - bimmerlife Motorsport ignition upgrade coils

10-25-2019, 08:09 AM   #1
danthomoo
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i N54

Parting out - bimmerlife Motorsport ignition upgrade coils

Hello all
I have my Bimmerlife Motorsport ignition upgrade for sale, fitted about 6 months ago, removed as I'm returning the car to more or less stock form.

Bimmerlife coil upgrade harness with 6 Audi coils already modified for N54 fitment so completely plug and play.

Here's the description from their website.

The N54 platform has advanced very far in the last few years. With that has brought an increasing demand on the stock ignition system. High output N54's have to rely on reducing the gap significantly to prevent spark blow out. This in turn causes reduced drivability, poor fuel economy, and less power. This was simply unacceptable for us.

Our kit is completely plug and play and utilizes genuine Audi R8 coils, which are similar to the coils used in the BMW Motorsport program. These coils are "smart" coils, meaning they have a built in ignitor and current is no longer carried through the DME. This is important because at 15 amps the R8 coils draw more than double the current over the stock units. Most of us have heard of the Injector driver failures on msd80, by removing the heat caused by the ignition circuit it helps keep internal DME temperatures down, and reducing failures caused by temperature.

The tune will need to be modified and will be a flash time option through MHD, anyone using other methods of BEF please email us for instructions.

After £400 for the lot.

Cheers
Dan
Attached Images

Last edited by danthomoo; 11-03-2019 at 03:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 03:10 PM   #2
danthomoo
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 01:22 AM   #3
MILLER335I
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 Dinan stage 3 335I

Did you have any of the misfires somewhat common with this setup because of the coils not going deep enough in to the cover? Did they back out on you and cause codes?
      02-06-2020, 03:00 PM   #4
danthomoo
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILLER335I View Post
Did you have any of the misfires somewhat common with this setup because of the coils not going deep enough in to the cover? Did they back out on you and cause codes?
no they worked great! You do have to slightly modify the coils to allow them to seat fully, there was a guide somewhere online. 👍🏼

These have also Sold so thread can be closed
Appreciate 0