E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Review of the MFactory Sport Axles

06-17-2016, 11:17 AM   #23
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
- The oem M3 strut bar is a 5pc design (Centre Mount, 2 x Strut bars, 2 x Mounting Rings)
- Our strut bar will follow the same M3 design, but will be a 3pc design (OEM Centre Mount, 2 x Dry Carbon Strut bars with integrated mounting ring)
So basically you will follow my design
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...11&postcount=1
You need to give my lifetime discount on all you products now or I will take you to court for design infringement
Is 3pcs alright!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 12:47 PM   #24
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
For the carbon propshafts, they weight approx. 5kg, which is around 50% lighter than the oem propshaft

After some research into the strut bars, we have decided to do the following:

- The oem M3 strut bar is a 5pc design (Centre Mount, 2 x Strut bars, 2 x Mounting Rings)
- Our strut bar will follow the same M3 design, but will be a 3pc design (OEM Centre Mount, 2 x Dry Carbon Strut bars with integrated mounting ring)

Although this will be lighter, weight savings are marginal due to the relatively low amount of raw material used in the first place. Being 100% Dry Carbon (aside from the Centre Mount, which will still be OEM), it will be several times stronger than the OEM steel strut bars/mounting rings.

And for those wondering about pricing, it will be less than the price of the OEM part (which, at $500, is quite expensive to start with).

So, not only will you be getting a design based on the OEM M3 Strut Bar, it will also be lighter, stronger and lower cost.

Before we proceed with the initial design of this though, I just want to make sure that you guys will actually be interested in this once it's ready?

Thanks!
You guys can count me in!
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 12:18 AM   #25
BMOEW
Lieutenant Colonel
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is AW

Any for the 335is DCT? I can send you mine for a discount on some parts hahaha
2011 335IS Alpine White|Coral Red|DCT|BuraQ E60 Tune|DCI|VRSF 3" DownPipes| ER ChargePipe w/ HKS SSQV BOV|VRSF 7" FMIC|RB PCV| BMS Oil Catch Can|NGK 5992|AQUAMIST HFS-4 w/Twin Methanol Tank|Custom Exhaust| ST Coilovers| and a METAL FOOT
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 11:14 PM   #26
E93Beast
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBeemah View Post
For the past couple of months, I have been running the MFactory Sport Axles and wanted to share my experiences with them.

From the moment I opened the boxes, I knew these were going to be much more robust that the stockers. I have added a couple pics for comparison to the stock ones on my 135i. (My greasy hands dont take great pictures )

The shafts themselves are a bit thinner compared to stock but they felt to be around the same weight (with my super scientific test of holding one in each hand). Believe me when I tell you though these things are definitely more robust in every way. Out of curiosity, I opened up the boot to check out the joints which I unfortunately don't have a picture of. The ball bearings and machining inside were impeccable right in line with all of MFactory's products.

Install was a breeze with having both stock axles out in about 30 mins and the new ones in within another 45 mins torqued and ready to go. (FYI did this on the ground with a single jack and 1 jack stand to modulate the rear control arm)

Just as a word of advice, these things are machined perfectly to the point where you cant just slide/bang them through the hub. Luckily, I have a friend that works at a BMW dealer and was able to bring their axle tool which catches on the threads on the outside of the hub and pulls the axle through. I also recommend buying new lock nuts as well as they are crimped/dented in on the end to prevent them from backing off from the factory.

Similar to this. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...qi0aAn8R8P8HAQ

From the first drive until now, I could not tell a single difference in driveability. If someone had swapped them overnight without me knowing, I would be clueless. Not a single noice, vibration, nothing.

In terms of strength, I have launched my car from a dig numerous times and i have run upwards of 30psi on my single turbo banging through the gears with absolutely no issues. I have not dynoed my car yet but in terms of wheel torque, I have seen similar setups making anywhere from 600-650wtq so I would estimate I am currently in that area.

I have these axles paired with my MFactory LSD which I also love almost as much as my single turbo kit.

For the money, you honestly cannot go wrong with these axles. No worry of sending cores in to have rebuilt with stock CV joints, amazing quality, and the lifetime warranty, don't even think twice about buying these!

Did these last you ?
Robust ?
8 months before failure says otherwise to me.
My stocks took more of a beating.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 09:03 PM   #27
Soravia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 Silver xDrive 6MT

IN for the xDrive shafts, front, middle, and back. extra 400 lbs is too much, and that includes the front steel subframe vs aluminum in the RWD. But lighter shafts will help with acceleration, along with single mass flywheel, and lighter wheels (but then I have to lose OE)
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 07:30 AM   #28
streetpro
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: e92 335iA

Garage List
I donīt want to spoil the game but the rotational inertia increases by square with radius. It means that to really change/help with accel/decel you have to focus on flywheel, brakes-discs, wheels (large parts)... these shafts might gain benefit in lower vibrations hence maybe a percentage of better power transfer...