E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Fake Index 12 Injectors - Scam

Closed Thread

11-06-2019, 07:27 PM   #1
RealJ22
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 CT200h Cayman Boxster RC

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Fake Index 12 Injectors - Scam

Hello guys,

So I have 3 "genuine" index 12 injectors on the way. They will be here tomorrow so I can directly compare a real 12 vs a fake 12.

Against my better judgement I figured I would attempt to get some ebay / amazon injectors. @ $40-55 each, I figured I would be a "tester" for all of those contemplating making this purchase. I will tell you now.... DO NOT.

I went through a ton of ads to make sure that I was getting an Index 12. Many will have pictures of 9's (Common because how many bad ones floating around) but I finally found a few ads that stated this was the part, with pictures included.

I ordered 3 individual ones from 3 different sellers....

So far, these 2 came from the same place. A "372 ship center in New York". I am assuming that all of the fakes are coming from here.

So leading into the issues.....

These have had the stamps with the part numbers removed.

-They all have same part numbers and stamps
-One was stated "New" which was used
-Both so far have had MATCHING numbers... (Same stamp)
-There is no Logo below the fitting etched in
-The back does not have the lettering below the QR code
-The "New" printed section is raised. If you try you can scratch it off with a nail.

With this being said, I am not even going to attempt to put these into my vehicle. They were from a third party, so I have to go through added bullshit for my returns.

Key take-aways?

DO NOT BUY INJECTORS FROM HERE UNLESS THEY ARE NEW
you will get ripped off

I am just trying to save people from a headache. I will post up the third injector when it arrives and then compare it to my legit index 12's that will be here as well.

Best regards,

Justin
      11-06-2019, 08:04 PM   #2
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

You should put them in, code them, and see how the car runs. Hard to really tell if they are junk or not just judging by the condition of the numbers printed on the body.....
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 08:18 PM   #3
RealJ22
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 CT200h Cayman Boxster RC

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
You should put them in, code them, and see how the car runs. Hard to really tell if they are junk or not just judging by the condition of the numbers printed on the body.....
You think I am going to risk putting this fake product in my car?

The casting marks are not even the same as the original. I was sold an Index 12 injector. This is NOT that.
      11-07-2019, 05:51 AM   #4
langsbr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Maybe I am missing something from your pictures related to the issues. Do you have pictures of the "new" missing and the parts that don't match? I would think perhaps these could be used injectors, but unlikely they are fakes.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 06:03 AM   #5
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by langsbr View Post
Maybe I am missing something from your pictures related to the issues. Do you have pictures of the "new" missing and the parts that don't match? I would think perhaps these could be used injectors, but unlikely they are fakes.
Yep....I don't think there are any "fake" n54 injectors out there. It's not like they are machining their own injector bodies and filling them full of cheap parts. The people that are selling them are getting used cores....that came out of n54s.

They are used, or could be remanufactured....maybe full of used parts, maybe full of new parts.....hard to tell by looking at them.
Appreciate 1
Wolf 3352340.50
      11-07-2019, 07:46 AM   #6
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
Yep....I don't think there are any "fake" n54 injectors out there. It's not like they are machining their own injector bodies and filling them full of cheap parts. The people that are selling them are getting used cores....that came out of n54s.

They are used, or could be remanufactured....maybe full of used parts, maybe full of new parts.....hard to tell by looking at them.
This is true.

Since on injector topic, I'm assuming your car still hasn't blow up since you put one index-12 injector with the old ones.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 09:26 AM   #7
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
This is true.

Since on injector topic, I'm assuming your car still hasn't blow up since you put one index-12 injector with the old ones.
Nope....still running like a top!

Cylinder #1 - Index 7
Cylinder #2 - Index 12
Cylinder #3 - Index 7
Cylinder #4 - Index 4
Cylinder #5 - Index 4
Cylinder #6 - Index 4

I have no issues with that index 12 being mixed in with the 7's. The power and flow rate calibration numbers were actually identical to one of the older index 4 injectors that's in the car.....so it's not like the index 12's flow a lot more or less, or take a drastic change in power vs. the "10 and under" injectors.

But who knows....I'm just a single case. Maybe others will have their motors blow up from mixing in an index 12 with an "under 10" index injector in the same bank.
2007 335i, BMS DCI, BMS Chargepipe w/Tial BOV, ARM Catless Downpipes, silicone inlets, Bilstein B12 Prokit Suspension, Whiteline subframe bushings, Front/Rear M3 control arms, G-Plus FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP, Custom E40 tune by Justin (V8Bait), xHP stage 3 transmission flash, RB Two Turbos....10.90 @ 128mph
Appreciate 1
Wolf 3352340.50
Closed Thread