E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Lease return '09 e90 335i. Great experience at Passport BMW

05-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
mihink
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X7, '17 640i Gran Coupe

Thumbs up Lease return '09 e90 335i. Great experience at Passport BMW

Just turned in my '09 e90 335i to Passport BMW. This was the first time I ever leased/returned a car.

What a smooth and painless experience. They spent about 2 minutes looking over the car. I handed over the keys and signed the paperwork. Out of there in 10 minutes. The used car manager was on the ball, very professional. No BS. No 'hidden damages' found on the car.

After hearing about all the bad experiences people have at the other DC area BMW dealers..my transaction was perfect. Passport BMW will definitely get first dibs when I want to purchase my next BMW

BTW..my e90 is in MINT condition, fully loaded with steptronic/premium/sport/cold weather/shift paddles/satellite radio/USB-ipod adapter/Idrive Navi. Only 36K miles. Garage kept, never beat on. 4 fresh new tires on it. No engine or suspension mods ever. Alpine white with beige interior. Also includes M-tech rear spoiler which makes it stand out compared to a run of the mill 335i.

The car NEVER had any issues. No HPFP failures. Only to dealer for routine maintenance.

I think the sales manager was going to keep the car on the lot because of the great conditon. Hope someone on the forum can pick it up.
Sure will miss her

Last edited by mihink; 05-10-2012 at 05:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
D_Smiderreen
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Please delete my account

I purchased from Passport also, I have never had a bad experience with them. They will go out of their way to make you a good deal or help you find what you're looking for.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
elias
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

I turned in my 535 at Passport, the CA took a glance at my car and that was it no inspection my car was in great shape and low miles they scooped up my car and sold it on the lot. My only complaint was they wouldn't budge on the buyout price so I walked away, they ended up selling it $3,000 cheaper to someone else. Makes no sense to me!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #4
mihink
First Lieutenant
Rep

http://www.passportbmw.com/used/BMW/...52eab1bebf.htm

Here is the listing for my car that I returned. They want $34K...the residual at end of lease was $30500. I am sure someone can bargain them down a lot on their asking price.

It was a great car...without any problems! Fully loaded. No accidents/paintwork/etc. Hope someone here can pick it up.
      05-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Maheen,

When are we gonna get together bro?
ami khubi sorry, amar call korer kotha chilo.

Raja
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
Hyper psi-atic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport, 6MT, AW/CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihink View Post
Just turned in my '09 e90 335i to Passport BMW. This was the first time I ever leased/returned a car.

What a smooth and painless experience. They spent about 2 minutes looking over the car. I handed over the keys and signed the paperwork. Out of there in 10 minutes. The used car manager was on the ball, very professional. No BS. No 'hidden damages' found on the car.

After hearing about all the bad experiences people have at the other DC area BMW dealers..my transaction was perfect. Passport BMW will definitely get first dibs when I want to purchase my next BMW

BTW..my e90 is in MINT condition, fully loaded with steptronic/premium/sport/cold weather/shift paddles/satellite radio/USB-ipod adapter/Idrive Navi. Only 36K miles. Garage kept, never beat on. 4 fresh new tires on it. No engine or suspension mods ever. Alpine white with beige interior. Also includes M-tech rear spoiler which makes it stand out compared to a run of the mill 335i.

The car NEVER had any issues. No HPFP failures. Only to dealer for routine maintenance.

I think the sales manager was going to keep the car on the lot because of the great conditon. Hope someone on the forum can pick it up.
Sure will miss her
Cool! Nice to hear the dealer was so accomodating. Just wondering.....if your car was in great condition couldn't you have tried to sell it privately or use it as leverage at Passport or another BMW dealer to get into another Lease or Purchase? It seems like Passport jumped on the opportunity to get the car and resell it, so you could have used it as a bargaining chip.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 05:05 AM   #7
mihink
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper psi-atic View Post
Cool! Nice to hear the dealer was so accomodating. Just wondering.....if your car was in great condition couldn't you have tried to sell it privately or use it as leverage at Passport or another BMW dealer to get into another Lease or Purchase? It seems like Passport jumped on the opportunity to get the car and resell it, so you could have used it as a bargaining chip.
I didn't want to go through the hassle of selling it privately. I am planning Euro delivery in the fall for the next BMW..therefore did not want to purchase/lease another car now.