E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Guys w/ expensive (or cheap) aftermarket audio systems.......

03-05-2010, 06:43 AM   #45
335TWNTURBO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
OP: Just go with the OEM alarm. It will be fine. Your best security device is yourself. As long as you don't advertise what you have, the urge to take it will be much less.

Also, anyone here who says your equipment is not high quality really has no clue about high end audio. DD is well known around both the SPL and SQ communities and while their roots are in SPL, they make very good amps and subs. Just because its not JL or Rockford or whatever is sold at Best Buy, doesn't mean its crap. That basically means nothing because I've never heard of anyone who can detect the difference between 0.05%, 0.1% or 1% THD in a side by side test with all amps level matched. Its even more nonsense when you consider that the amp is hooked up to a subwoofer. I wish I had the room to run a DD S4a and an M1a in my car because those amps will give the most high end amps a run for their money at 1/3 the cost.

well, it sure does feel good when someone UNDERSTANDS car audio and the products out their. Like you said, for some, if its not JL then is garbage. JL audio couldn't hold up against the Digital Designs (DD) products. Not to say anything is wrong with JL but there is so much more than the commercialized audio equipment. Trust me, the first time I heard a car with DD I was blown away and have been with DD ever siince.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 06:44 AM   #46
335TWNTURBO
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnval View Post
Im assuming that was metered off the dash with the seats down? either way, digital designs is an awesome company, with great products... not to mention they make (or used to... havent really looked into their stuff in forever) custom subs with whatever logo and stuff you wanted on them... great show touches I guess if thats your thing.

the picture of the van is... interesting... not relavant at all but hey I guess. But based on some of the comments I guess these are garbage too...

and more simplistic... very similar to my original setup
Yes, this is with term lab at the dash. I never competed but it was fun to have and I have more than enough power in case I have a little JL audio guys talking smack.......

Those pics are sick as hell. I think I want to build a sub-floor and mounting my amp like the JL amp post above.......SCHWEEET!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 08:18 AM   #47
robnval
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Java Green F80

Im with you bro, my 3 amps are all in the sub floor as well... Im actually about to move them though.. I really like the look and the functionality of it because I still have a "useable trunk" BUT I really want to try something different. Issue is with 3 amps, 2 subs, and a battery, my trunk is becoming smaller and smaller. As for DD quality, yea absolutely high-end audio products! Only reason that I went all JL and Focal is because of the extreme shallow mounts subs.. and I am on an audio sponsorship... but then again, who knows what will be in my car next year Like I said though, Im really not surprised that you did those numbers off of the dash with your setup.. if you dont have the cold weather package, or rear folding seats more specifically, be prepared to vent your trunk some how or you will get annoyed and end up removing everything to do it later! Best of luck... throw some pics up once its done.. unlike most here I can appreciate high end car audio

Rob
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #48
335TWNTURBO
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Im with you bro, my 3 amps are all in the sub floor as well... Im actually about to move them though.. I really like the look and the functionality of it because I still have a "useable trunk" BUT I really want to try something different. Issue is with 3 amps, 2 subs, and a battery, my trunk is becoming smaller and smaller. As for DD quality, yea absolutely high-end audio products! Only reason that I went all JL and Focal is because of the extreme shallow mounts subs.. and I am on an audio sponsorship... but then again, who knows what will be in my car next year Like I said though, Im really not surprised that you did those numbers off of the dash with your setup.. if you dont have the cold weather package, or rear folding seats more specifically, be prepared to vent your trunk some how or you will get annoyed and end up removing everything to do it later! Best of luck... throw some pics up once its done.. unlike most here I can appreciate high end car audio

Rob
That car of yours is RIDICULOUS. I bet that was a lot of time. Are you an installer?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 09:08 AM   #49
G35to330i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i Sedan

I just finished adding a little baby system to my car (with L7) and it doesn't sound bad. It is nowhere near the quality of yours, but I say make your car your car. If you want to put out spl levels of 144.9, go right ahead

My opinion of alarm systems is get what you feel necessary. The factory alarm seems adequate for most folks, even with modified rides. However if you want an iPhone remote start (Viper) or the cool text-message-that-your-car-was-broken-into then go ahead. Good luck to you and I hope to see some pics of your final install
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #50
335TWNTURBO
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Rob
Yes I have the cold weather package so i shouldn't have to vent the rear deck. I hope to utilize the ski hole as a port into the cabin. If that doesnt work I may just drop one side of the seat backs down and close it when Im not in the car.
Appreciate 0