E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Turbos not giving boost

09-14-2019, 08:51 PM   #1
Godzilx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Turbos not giving boost

I'm driving an 07 335i and I took off my exhaust to have cutouts welded in and decided to drive around. Driving at first went perfectly and sounded great but soon randomly the turbos stopped giving me boost whatsoever. There was a code thrown about not enough back pressure (30FF) but after putting the exhaust back on, the turbos still won't kick in. Any ideas as to what's wrong?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 09:32 PM   #2
turbohugh
ASCMA General
Rep
Drives: E90-N54 <>E36 328Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilx View Post
I'm driving an 07 335i and I took off my exhaust to have cutouts welded in and decided to drive around. Driving at first went perfectly and sounded great but soon randomly the turbos stopped giving me boost whatsoever. There was a code thrown about not enough back pressure (30FF) but after putting the exhaust back on, the turbos still won't kick in. Any ideas as to what's wrong?

Did you check to see if you blew off a hose or vacuum line ?
I don't think that's what 30FF means but I've never seen that code on my car. I thought it meant boost LEAK . A ruptured charge pipe could do that , or vacuum line
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 11:02 PM   #3
Godzilx
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbohugh View Post
Quote:

I don't think that's what 30FF means but I've never seen that code on my car. I thought it meant boost LEAK . A ruptured charge pipe could do that , or vacuum line
Charge pipe disconnected! Huge relief
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 08:27 PM   #4
turbohugh
ASCMA General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ya first thing to check if you get the 30FF is boost leak .

Maybe get a new O-ring for the charge pipe and make sure the clip is fully seated
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 08:28 PM   #5
turbohugh
ASCMA General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ya first thing to check if you get the 30FF is boost leak .

Maybe get a new O-ring for the charge pipe and make sure the clip is fully seated
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 06:59 AM   #6
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep

I had the same 30FF code....low boost. Turned out to be that one of the connections to the intercooler was lose. Go through everything, check it out. Look at vacuum lines, check your wastegates, etc, etc....
Appreciate 0