E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Got a call from BMWNA, oil cooler retrofit!

04-09-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
jbake
OG
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Got a call from BMWNA, oil cooler retrofit!

Well I got a call today out of nowhere from some guy named Keith. He is contacting my stealership and calling me tomorrow to get the oil cooler retrofit problem fixed! After about 10 emails, 5 calls and lots of frustration BMW is finally coming through. I was doubting them for a while and pretty ticked off.

Just keep at it guys and you WILL get your oil cooler! I think by mentioning that I have owned 3 other BMW's and very loyal to BMW worked in my favor. maybe you guys can get that across as well, it may help.

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 07:05 PM   #2
AM335
Go Gators!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i E90  [0.00]
Congrats, let us know how everything works out. I received a message from a Dan Collins at BMW customer service. When I called back, another service agent stated that all the oil cooler issues are now being handled by BMW corporate and the legal department. He also said to expect another call from someone in the legal department. I will keep trying.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 07:06 PM   #3
jbake
OG
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM335 View Post
Congrats, let us know how everything works out. I received a message from a Dan Collins at BMW customer service. When I called back, another service agent stated that all the oil cooler issues are now being handled by BMW corporate and the legal department. He also said to expect another call from someone in the legal department. I will keep trying.
That's what you gotta do. I seriously think I annoyed them enough to just give it to me lol. Be really persistent.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
AM335
Go Gators!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbake View Post
That's what you gotta do. I seriously think I annoyed them enough to just give it to me lol. Be really persistent.
Thanks and stay 'cool!'
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 04:13 PM   #5
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BSM M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbake View Post
Well I got a call today out of nowhere from some guy named Keith. He is contacting my stealership and calling me tomorrow to get the oil cooler retrofit problem fixed! After about 10 emails, 5 calls and lots of frustration BMW is finally coming through. I was doubting them for a while and pretty ticked off.

Just keep at it guys and you WILL get your oil cooler! I think by mentioning that I have owned 3 other BMW's and very loyal to BMW worked in my favor. maybe you guys can get that across as well, it may help.

so what should my first point of contact be?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 05:00 PM   #6
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ

Anything you can post will help those with the same problem, so that they don't have to reinvent the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #7
DrewKo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i Montego Blue Saddle Brown

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
What is the build date for your car and I'm assuming its a 335i sport with step?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 09:11 AM   #8
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

thanks for the info. JBake.
This is good to know.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 08:17 PM   #9
shnapper
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

Please consider this................

Interesting..........

Last edited by shnapper; 04-13-2007 at 05:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 03:08 PM   #10
335I talian Stallion NJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 3.0I

Have been playing phone tag with "Scott" from BMW NA service. Really nice guy... talked to him for a bit and I will be getting a retro-fit! Thanks BMW, you have a customer for life!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 05:35 PM   #11
DrewKo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335I talian Stallion NJ View Post
Have been playing phone tag with "Scott" from BMW NA service. Really nice guy... talked to him for a bit and I will be getting a retro-fit! Thanks BMW, you have a customer for life!
What is the build date of your car and is it a 335 coupe step sport? This shit is important so please folks post this data. Many tx.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 06:47 PM   #12
Coder335i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 - MB 335i Coupe

Hey Guys, brand new to the forum (along with my new 335i coupe:rocks: )

I just picked up my 335i Coupe today. Thanks to this damn fine forum, I learned about 2 weeks back that there were missing oil coolers in the auto tranny/sport package. I inquired the next day and was able to press my sales guy hard enough( I know him pretty well) to get the "official" answer.

As of march 1, all cars INCLUDING all steptronics have the oil cooler installed. My car was on a boat when I inquired about this and sure enough, when it arrived yesterday, it had the oil cooler installed. I also took a look at the other 4 coupes delivered to the dealership and they ALL had the oil cooler (all steptronics/sport)

Hope this helps somewhat..

Ps: The dealership manager said that "that damn e90 forum knows more about the cars than we do!" you guys rock!

Keep up the great posts

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 07:54 PM   #13
Chio
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp Xdrive

Garage List
2018 S6  [10.00]
Guys who ever has had the Oil cooler installed please give us the Part #'s
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 08:15 PM   #14
shnapper
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335I talian Stallion NJ View Post
..........and did you ask since they are on back order how long it will take to get the cooler if ever? I'm trying to do this as safely as possible(in technochild style riiightt) since BMW is aware of the communication going round this forum and the WWW in general. I don't recommend anyone sign that legal paperwork until after you have the cooler in your car since it is on back order. I'm still trying to figure out how such a part is on back order, a part that apparently isn't needed. I think it's because all the cars coming out of the factory are getting them now so there could be a shortage. I don't think BMW will stop current production to supply coolers to the retro-fit crowd since they don't think it's a problem anyway. All of you are getting excited and you haven't even got the cooler yet, but probably signed the legal doc that frees them of any legal obligation and requires the customer (for lack of better words) to "shut the F u c k up about it"...........think about that for a while before you sign that "gesture of goodwill"
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 08:39 PM   #15
335I talian Stallion NJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 3.0I

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnapper View Post
..........and did you ask since they are on back order how long it will take to get the cooler if ever? I'm trying to do this as safely as possible(in technochild style riiightt) since BMW is aware of the communication going round this forum and the WWW in general. I don't recommend anyone sign that legal paperwork until after you have the cooler in your car since it is on back order. I'm still trying to figure out how such a part is on back order, a part that apparently isn't needed. I think it's because all the cars coming out of the factory are getting them now so there could be a shortage. I don't think BMW will stop current production to supply coolers to the retro-fit crowd since they don't think it's a problem anyway. All of you are getting excited and you haven't even got the cooler yet, but probably signed the legal doc that frees them of any legal obligation and requires the customer (for lack of better words) to "shut the F u c k up about it"...........think about that for a while before you sign that "gesture of goodwill"

Very true..... I'm not signing this thing... it basically states that if they fuck up the car or if the car breaks they can't be held accountable or once i sign it that they don't owe me anything and like you said I might never get the cooler.. I don't want to void my warranty for this..... I guess ill just wait until my car breaks and then they have to cover it??
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 08:46 PM   #16
gary328xi
JetInsp
Rep
Drives: 07 328 XI & 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder335i View Post
Hey Guys, brand new to the forum (along with my new 335i coupe:rocks: )

I just picked up my 335i Coupe today. Thanks to this damn fine forum, I learned about 2 weeks back that there were missing oil coolers in the auto tranny/sport package. I inquired the next day and was able to press my sales guy hard enough( I know him pretty well) to get the "official" answer.

As of march 1, all cars INCLUDING all steptronics have the oil cooler installed. My car was on a boat when I inquired about this and sure enough, when it arrived yesterday, it had the oil cooler installed. I also took a look at the other 4 coupes delivered to the dealership and they ALL had the oil cooler (all steptronics/sport)

Hope this helps somewhat..

Ps: The dealership manager said that "that damn e90 forum knows more about the cars than we do!" you guys rock!

Keep up the great posts

Does this include the steptronic WITHOUT the sports package?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #17
DrewKo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Are you guys serious they are asking you to waive rights to get the retrofit for a part that should have existed in the first place? And are you suggesting that BMW is requiring confidentiality if you are given the retrofit? Please scan and post this document or fax it to me at 404.255.7373. My interest in filing a class action is increasing. Tx.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 09:03 PM   #18
Lost Horizon
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 435 MPPK+1970 XKE OTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewKo View Post
.. My interest in filing a class action is increasing. Tx.
I was thinking the same thing..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 09:37 PM   #19
DrewKo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I am a lawyer and am posting on the oil cooler threads that I litigate for a living and am seriously considering filing a class action since my 335i step sport build date of 11/06 did not come with an oil cooler. I am going to check the VIN to see if it was supposed to have been built with the cooler. Please post any communications you receive from BMW on this issue in one of the many threads discussing the topic and if you receive a document or email, please post it by scanning it or copying and pasting, or fax it to me at 404.255.7373, to document evidence on BMW's responses (which have been very inconsistent to date). I and many others on this site appreciate your help. Tx.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 10:30 PM   #20
shnapper
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Are you guys serious they are asking you to waive rights to get the retrofit for a part that should have existed in the first place? And are you suggesting that BMW is requiring confidentiality if you are given the retrofit? Please scan and post this document or fax it to me at 404.255.7373. My interest in filing a class action is increasing. Tx.
This is an extremely touchy subject Drew, I can tell by the way the subject has died down that people have already signed. This Doc does not void any warranty, but it does have fine print that gives BMW the right to sue if the signer of the doc further discusses the issue. I will be more than happy to sign it AFTER I get the cooler. It's rather strange how vague things get when you ask how long or when will I get the cooler AFTER signing. I feel it's a trick I would rather sign in the service isle upon the part being installed within a reasonable amount of time. For now after you sign this doc your at the mercy of the Big Corp to provide a part which is on back order coincidentally for an indefinite amount of time......

I hope all that have signed so far realize what you have signed, it's no promissory note or guarantee of anything. All it is is a release form in the favor of BMW to protect themselves from the misrepresentation they have committed by selling a car without a part that was later(current production)installed and deemed necessary by there own engineers. This was just a regular uncomplicated fix so I thought, but now BMW has decided to bring there legal department into it. That should light up bells and whistles in anyones head that something is rotten in Denmark.......
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 10:39 PM   #21
DrewKo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnapper View Post
This is an extremely touchy subject Drew, I can tell by the way the subject has died down that people have already signed. This Doc does not void any warranty, but it does have fine print that gives BMW the right to sue if the signer of the doc further discusses the issue. I will be more than happy to sign it AFTER I get the cooler. It's rather strange how vague things get when you ask how long or when will I get the cooler AFTER signing. I feel it's a trick I would rather sign in the service isle upon the part being installed within a reasonable amount of time. For now after you sign this doc your at the mercy of the Big Corp to provide a part which is on back order coincidentally for an indefinite amount of time......
Gives BMW the right to sue for further discussing the issue (for what though--what damages?; is BMW going to take the oil cooler back out? Plus this topic is public knowledge and no judge would enforce such a provision when the damaging information is already publicly known), then that in my mind is a clear sign BMW is trying to covertly deal with the issue and force silence upon those who are assisted. Companies usually do this when they know they have done something wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 10:47 PM   #22
shnapper
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Gives BMW the right to sue for further discussing the issue (for what though--what damages?; is BMW going to take the oil cooler back out? Plus this topic is public knowledge and no judge would enforce such a provision when the damaging information is already publicly known), then that in my mind is a clear sign BMW is trying to covertly deal with the issue and force silence upon those who are assisted. Companies usually do this when they know they have done something wrong.

In my gods honest opinion drew, I don't think they are planning to actually put the cooler in until someone blows a motor. What this Doc does is basically shuts people up in hopes they get the cooler after signing. Nothing I mean nothing in the form guarantees the cooler, it's only a release form of liability stating the signer agrees not to talk about the subject and even mentions internet silence specifically in writing. It's a rather scary deal for the little guy that just wants the cooler. S h i t like this doesn't only happen in movies folks it's happening right now with this car and BMW's corporate attorneys are going at it by the book full force.......

Last edited by shnapper; 04-14-2007 at 12:02 AM..
Appreciate 0