E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > AVIN 8.8inch - who has this?

01-22-2021, 03:41 PM   #595
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Bottom line uses the Aux.
Notice they mention buying a second aux splitter as
an option.
Sure looks like it does anyway.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 08:05 PM   #596
reggiefu
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 328xi

I installed something similar to this. Im assuming its a knock off but it works fine for what i need (carplay/android auto) and it was only $300!

https://www.wakaa.us/product/8-8-wir...8aArApEALw_wcB

The problem im having is getting the backup camera to work. For some reason im getting zero signal. I did use a relay. 30 to battery. 87 to power camera. 86 to blu/blk wire off passenger trunk tailight. 85 to brown ground off trunk taillight. Also the ground for the camera is tapped into the brown ground wire for taillights but not close to the taillights. And the video rca ran to the headunit wire labeled ccd_cvbs. And im getting nothing.

I have also tried connecting the red wire (tail)off the rca ( headunit side) to a wire labeled "campower" but nothing as well. Then i tried running a wire tapped into the signal/trigger wire (blu/blk on taillight plug) to the front along the rca and tried it with both the "campower" wire from unit. And to the red wire coming from the rca. And still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. I have been searching for 3 days. Here and other forums. Ive compared notes watched videos. Ill post pictures when i can.

Oh BTW my car is a 2011 328xi manual None idrive. None PDC. Base.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 09:02 PM   #597
GovernUrMental
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Looks like the old aux is still the only option People say you cant notice a difference.
I tested by connecting phone directly headphone jack to aux playing the same track which i saved on the cic their is a definitely a huge difference in volume and clarity. Maybe going an NBT retrofit would be the go.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 09:05 PM   #598
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiefu View Post
I installed something similar to this. Im assuming its a knock off but it works fine for what i need (carplay/android auto) and it was only $300!

https://www.wakaa.us/product/8-8-wir...8aArApEALw_wcB

The problem im having is getting the backup camera to work. For some reason im getting zero signal. I did use a relay. 30 to battery. 87 to power camera. 86 to blu/blk wire off passenger trunk tailight. 85 to brown ground off trunk taillight. Also the ground for the camera is tapped into the brown ground wire for taillights but not close to the taillights. And the video rca ran to the headunit wire labeled ccd_cvbs. And im getting nothing.

I have also tried connecting the red wire (tail)off the rca ( headunit side) to a wire labeled "campower" but nothing as well. Then i tried running a wire tapped into the signal/trigger wire (blu/blk on taillight plug) to the front along the rca and tried it with both the "campower" wire from unit. And to the red wire coming from the rca. And still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. I have been searching for 3 days. Here and other forums. Ive compared notes watched videos. Ill post pictures when i can.

Oh BTW my car is a 2011 328xi manual None idrive. None PDC. Base.
May not be the answer you want to hear but I would disconnect and reconnect everything. I say this because I ran into the same issue. I would also double check for connectivity if you used T-Tap Wire Connectors.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 09:25 PM   #599
reggiefu
Registered
Rep

Yea,....yea smh. I have considered that innerblueskies. I really, Really dont want to pull everything and do it all over again. But it is on my list of the last things i may need to do. Right up there with paying someone else to do it.

Can i get a conformation that this is the correct way to wire the relay/reverse cam setup? Any other ideas are more then welcome. Also if anyone knows of a different trigger wire for reverse that could help as well.

EDIT***
i got everything working fyi. just wanted to show the fix.

Attached Images

Last edited by reggiefu; 01-28-2021 at 03:51 AM.. Reason: change size of pictures
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 03:11 AM   #600
reggiefu
Registered
Rep

I figured it out today, for some reason one of the wires was mislabeled thanks for the help!!
Appreciate 0