E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > it finally being sold to me 4 months later yesterday by a family friend

07-09-2022, 09:05 AM   #1
johnhesler
Registered
Rep
Drives: Tesla (Model 3/Y)

it finally being sold to me 4 months later yesterday by a family friend

After an unbelievable story of missing out on this car due to a heartbreaking issue and it finally being sold to me 4 months later yesterday by a family friend, I present my BMW M4 F82 Competition! (1/20 pics!)

So long story is that I was going to buy this car from a seller a while back and paid deposit and was going to buy it fully in a month or two but in that time he told me that there was an issue with the idrive computer a couple of weeks later and it affected many things on the car and affected things like traction control system, Heads up Display etc. It was going to take a lot of money to fix it so he ended up selling it to someone who was willing to pay more for it as the new buyer was using it to just trade in and save on taxes at a dealership.

Then I started searching for other M4s and I just wasn't interested in any of them as they tended to be overpriced, completely stock with most in basic spec and high mileage. Was going to buy a same color M4 at one point but the seller was way too far away and was asking way more than what I paid, his was a stock one with a 3 year warranty. Also it would have taken $15-20k to turn it into competition spec like my one.
Like this same version:https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1804005drive

About a month ago I saw an ad again for the one I bought and it was listed ridiculously high and messaged the seller and after a short while he turned out to be a family friend who also owns the Autobody shop my dad has been working at for a very long time and I didn't even realize the pictures were from the shop I've been to numerous times before! He gave it to me for $16k less than his original price and provided me with a comprehensive 2 year warranty.

Last edited by johnhesler; 07-09-2022 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: my image not supported
Appreciate 1