E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > vrsf street exhaust fitment

05-11-2021, 10:33 PM   #1
Empire087
Private
Rep
Drives: 18 340xi 8at 15.5 CCSB 3500

vrsf street exhaust fitment

So i contacted them about my issues but, id like to see what your guys thoughts are in the meantime. So ive got 3 major things going on:
1 the exhaust hits the center brace on my e92, apparently the blocks of material that came with the exhaust(mind you i got no directions, and thats a janky fix) i still have are there to space it out? It also came with bolts. Is this a semi legit fix for this problem? Or should i just notch the center brace?
2: the rear center section barely fits like 3/8-1/2 an inch into the actual muffler, any idea on what is causing this? Should go in like 3-4", but you cant because it causes the section its connected to to crash into the rear subframe and control arm if you do.
3: muffler fits crooked as all heck, and tips hit my bumper. I would assume this is a fitment issue caused by a manufacturing issue.

Other than that it sounds very nice, other than it hitting that brace and rattling. A big time improvement over the muffler deletes the previous owner did even with me adding a set of resonators to the exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 12:44 PM   #2
Yotaismygame
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92 (Beam)

I didn't have any fitment issues with mine. Did have other issues though and also no instructions! I don't recommend them as a company. Definitely quieter than a muffler delete on an n54 but you'll still have a lot of drome and boom from about 1600-2100 rpms. Maybe not as much of an issue since you have a 6mt. If it gets annoying add in a Vibrant resonator 17970. Takes care of 95% of unwanted noise. Overall its a quiet system.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 04:24 PM   #3
Empire087
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotaismygame View Post
I didn't have any fitment issues with mine. Did have other issues though and also no instructions! I don't recommend them as a company. Definitely quieter than a muffler delete on an n54 but you'll still have a lot of drome and boom from about 1600-2100 rpms. Maybe not as much of an issue since you have a 6mt. If it gets annoying add in a Vibrant resonator 17970. Takes care of 95% of unwanted noise. Overall its a quiet system.
Maybe it was the muffler deletes downright disgusting amounts of drone that desensitized me, but no issues with that. Unsurprisingly I was quick to get an email saying I had a wrong order number, but haven't got one all day with any answers. Shocking lol
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 12:19 PM   #4
Yotaismygame
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92 (Beam)

It could be that you have a manual. Autos like to be in a higher gear at all times so they lug in the low rpms unless you mash the pedal. Once I went with XHP and started driving in manual mode at all times it was much better. Spend a lot less time below 2k rpm. Seems like most people add the vibrant resonator to it though. Glad I did. I would get a booming swirly low tone in the rpm range I mentioned. On the install make sure the second pipe from the front is tilted way up. And if the rear connection barely makes contact you probably need to slide the whole system back.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 07:25 PM   #5
Empire087
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotaismygame View Post
It could be that you have a manual. Autos like to be in a higher gear at all times so they lug in the low rpms unless you mash the pedal. Once I went with XHP and started driving in manual mode at all times it was much better. Spend a lot less time below 2k rpm. Seems like most people add the vibrant resonator to it though. Glad I did. I would get a booming swirly low tone in the rpm range I mentioned. On the install make sure the second pipe from the front is tilted way up. And if the rear connection barely makes contact you probably need to slide the whole system back.
Honestly i tried that, and the second section after the s piece just runs into the rear lower control arm. I spent like 2.5 hours trying to get it fitting decent to moderate success at best.
Appreciate 0