E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Car pulls/skews when braking

10-11-2019, 05:08 PM   #1
PS2N54
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Car pulls/skews when braking

I have had an ongoing issue with the car pulling/skewing while braking (especially noticeable on wet road)

i recently changed front right strut+knuckle+rearward control arm to correct an alignment issue, the car is now 100% within alignment specs and has brand new tires installed (pilot sport: 225/255 staggered), but the car still continues to pull/skew when braking, it is even more noticeable now that its aligned + new tires.

issue occurs during highway speeds, regardless of crown of road, while braking the steering wheel slightly moves to the right, but the car feels like its skewing out towards the right from the rear wheels and towards the left from the front wheels even though steering wheel turns to toward the right. (gives the sensation the car is going to spin out, its not same feeling as the car just pulling to the left)

Brake fluid + pads + rotors were changed 2months ago, and caliper piston + bracket thoroughly cleaned. the pads have proper grease on them and move around freely within the bracket, calipers/pads are not sticking as thats what i was originally thinking was creating the issue.

I am starting to think it might be a worn out bushing somewhere in suspension maybe? if anyone knows which area i should concentrate more on, it would be great, as just doing a routine bushing inspection, it feels like things are good and tight without any play. only other doubt i kind of have also, is that i changed the front right strut but not the left one, the ride height is equal on both sides, but i can feel that the left (old) side is a tiny bit softer than the new strut. But the braking issue was present even with the 2 old struts matching.

thanks in advance for anyone contributing ideas of what specific areas i should focus on inspecting in more detail.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 08:20 PM   #2
PS2N54
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

UPDATE: changed driver side rearward control arm the problem has significantly been reduced. I can still feel a tiny bit of play in suspension (unnoticeable to most), suspecting driver side outer tie rod ball joint. after front more stable will start to move to rears.
Appreciate 0