E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > 2007 E90 335i sport package suspension

09-10-2019, 07:26 PM   #1
Salzamani
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90 Sport Package

2007 E90 335i sport package suspension

Hi Guys, I need some advise. I’ve got 70k miles on my original sport package suspension with non-run flats (hankook ventus v12 evo2). Original stock wheels that I actually love.

Here is what I would like. Lower the car enough to get rid of that nasty wheel gap. I see cars that are dropped To the point that the fender is low enough that only about an inch of the tire shoes and I think that’s what I want. From my measurement that would mean that my already lowered sport suspension would need to be dropped at least 2 1/2 inches to achieve the look that I want...

Here is the thing though currently the car rides terrible. Like the stock struts and shocks are almost completely shot. Very rough and lots of body lean.

I would like to achieve the desired lower vehicles that I mentioned above and yet make the ride quality more comfortable and better.

From my research it seems like the ride quality that I would like to have is the type that Koni Active offer. But I want the vehicle to be dropped 2 1/2 inches.

Is this even possible. Guys if you’ve you got thoughts would you please share them and maybe make some recommendation of what suspension kit I should go after to achieve what I want? Tia
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 06:40 AM   #2
Donutz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

I would first recommend you search through this subforum as well as the photo gallery for pics of cars. Try to match the car to yours, pre-lci E90 N54 going from stock sport suspension to a lowered suspension. This will give you an idea of the look, hopefully with before / after pics, and hopefully the list of parts they used. Check the look of H&R sport and H&R race springs.

After you choose a spring / strut or coilover setup get it installed to see if this resolves the body roll. If you aren't happy with it then start looking at more parts. Otherwise just replace what is obviously worn along with your new suspension and go from there.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 09:55 AM   #3
Salzamani
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
I would first recommend you search through this subforum as well as the photo gallery for pics of cars. Try to match the car to yours, pre-lci E90 N54 going from stock sport suspension to a lowered suspension. This will give you an idea of the look, hopefully with before / after pics, and hopefully the list of parts they used. Check the look of H&R sport and H&R race springs.

After you choose a spring / strut or coilover setup get it installed to see if this resolves the body roll. If you aren't happy with it then start looking at more parts. Otherwise just replace what is obviously worn along with your new suspension and go from there.

Good advice I appreciate it. Yeah I have spent a lot of time on that and You know what it is really hard to find anyone that keeps his original wheels(162’s) with sport suspension and lowers the car as much as I mentioned.

I wish there was a way that I could sample different setups of my car lowered to see which way I want to go(that low or not). I certainly love the looks of the lowest cars but if they are not practical at all for everyday driving then maybe I’m barking up the wrong tree.

That’s where coilovers really seem to be answer to me so that I would have the option to play with the height perhaps from time to time until I’m happy.

Are coilovers as durable and a regular spring and strut/shock set up?
If so is there any recommendation of a decent set that won’t break the wallet?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 12:46 PM   #4
Donutz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Pm me your email address and I'll send you a couple of pics of my buddy's E90 lowered on swift springs, everything else is the bmw performance suspension kit, rolling on 162s.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 01:53 PM   #5
Salzamani
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Pm me your email address and I'll send you a couple of pics of my buddy's E90 lowered on swift springs, everything else is the bmw performance suspension kit, rolling on 162s.

Done

Kind of you to take the time.
Appreciate 1
Mkze9020.00
      09-21-2019, 07:10 AM   #6
Mkze90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i Sport PKG 3 pedals

I think coilovers is your option, you can adjust high as you desire. if you get damping adjustable even better. I'm in process of doing same thing and changing out front control arms with m3 ones.
Appreciate 2
Fritzer942.50
      10-07-2019, 03:44 PM   #7
Denny347
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Replaced my Sport suspension with ST Coilovers. Not as nice of a ride you are looking for, definitely harsher, but it is so much fun to drive. Higher end coilovers will likely be a bit more forgiving. Looks better as well. I'm about 2-2 1/2" lower than sport stock.

Appreciate 1
Fritzer942.50
      10-07-2019, 06:56 PM   #8
colorado.e9x
eBay Special
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [9.50]
2006 BMW 330xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Could you blur out the license plate and post it on here?
      10-07-2019, 07:51 PM   #9
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

I just installed the Bilstein B12 pro kit with the Eibach sport springs on my 07' 335i. The ride is great.....and the drop us just enough to tell it's not stock, without being low enough where tires are rubbing and you have to worry about scraping the bumper on stuff.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 09:00 AM   #10
Salzamani
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny347 View Post
Replaced my Sport suspension with ST Coilovers. Not as nice of a ride you are looking for, definitely harsher, but it is so much fun to drive. Higher end coilovers will likely be a bit more forgiving. Looks better as well. I'm about 2-2 1/2" lower than sport stock.

Wow! That looks perfect man! I like your front bumper.

By chance do you have a link for where you got that bumper?

Looks like you got spacers as well, if so what size front and back?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 09:02 AM   #11
Salzamani
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
I just installed the Bilstein B12 pro kit with the Eibach sport springs on my 07' 335i. The ride is great.....and the drop us just enough to tell it's not stock, without being low enough where tires are rubbing and you have to worry about scraping the bumper on stuff.

How is your injector issue going? Did you replace the just the bad one? What’s the details?

Also do you have a pic of what your car sits like with the suspension change?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 09:23 AM   #12
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzamani View Post
How is your injector issue going? Did you replace the just the bad one? What’s the details?

Also do you have a pic of what your car sits like with the suspension change?
I did so much work to the car last weekend (B12 Suspension kit)....I decided to take a rest for a few days. I need to pull the plugs again, check for that leaky injector....and then if I still have it, I'm going to order (3) new index 12 injectors and be done with it. . Just haven't got to it yet.
2007 335i, BMS DCI, BMS Chargepipe w/Tial BOV, ARM Catless Downpipes, silicone inlets, Bilstein B12 Prokit Suspension, Whiteline subframe bushings, Front/Rear M3 control arms, G-Plus FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP, Custom E40 tune by Justin (V8Bait), xHP stage 3 transmission flash, RB Two Turbos....10.90 @ 128mph
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 05:41 AM   #13
Denny347
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzamani View Post
Wow! That looks perfect man! I like your front bumper.

By chance do you have a link for where you got that bumper?

Looks like you got spacers as well, if so what size front and back?
Bought it from the classifieds here already painted. I think it's just a "generic" M3 rep bumper. One of these days I'll have it repainted as it is pretty orange pealy up close. In this pic I was wearing Conti DWS so I had 20mm on the rear and 15mm on the front. Since this pic, I replaced those with Pilot Sport A/S that have a more square profile, requiring me to place the 15mm in the rear and add a 12mm up from to keep them from rubbing.
Appreciate 0