E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > P0302 code! Injectors?

03-08-2020, 12:16 PM   #1
kyleeagles06
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 2009 BMW 335i

P0302 code! Injectors?

A couple months ago after tuning my car, my CEL came on after a hard pull. I had just got my plugs and coils replaced so I was confused on what was causing the code.

I took it to a euro shop, and they diagnosed that the p0302 code was because I gapped my spark plugs incorrectly, as I didn't gap them closer for the tune.

Out of the shop, the car was driving great until last night after I filled up I had a nasty rough idle and a code popped up. I took my car to autozone to get the code scanned and it's another p0302 code!

Today I'm going to rotate my coils to see if the code is following the cylinder.

Research leads me to believe that the rough idle is most likely being caused by an injector. My questions are what else could be causing the misfire/rough idle, and if the injector is the problem, should I replace all 6 or just the one?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 01:50 PM   #2
stewbets
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi, '04 545i

First step is to get yourself a BMW-specific code reader or a K+DCAN cable to use with MHD and your phone. I don't think anyone would advise owning a tuned N54 without being able to read and clear codes. I paid $15 for my K+DCAN cable and $2 for my OTG adapter for my phone and use MHD (free app). Once you get a setup like this, you won't get generic P codes, but specific BMW codes like 2E32.
Appreciate 0