E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > one death 335d coupe.....and my new one....

06-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
NotNormal
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant 3.0TDi Quattro

one death 335d coupe.....and my new one....

Had abit of an opps in my coupe :

Did that about 4 weeks ago, anoying, the car was clean and tidy, very clean and tidy - well spec'd too

This is the replacement, as soon as the DVLA pull there sodding finger out and get that bloody number plate off !!

The car come with :

BLACK SAPPHIRE WITH FULL BLACK LEATHER SEATS
PROFESSIONAL SAT NAV
19" DOUBLE M SPOKE ALLOY WHEELS
FRONT HEATED SEATS
VOICE CONTROL
BLUETOOTH PHONE
DAB RADIO
CD CHANGER
HIGH BEAM ASSIST
BMW SOUND UPGRADE
REAR SUN PREOTECTION GLASS

The only thing i am gonna miss is the comfort access ..... i loved that feature on my old one

But hey ho

I have a set of eibach springs ready to fit, and also my power upgrade to go back on ...... should be a nice car

Whatta thing to the new un then people??
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Damn!

What happened to the first? How quick were you going when it happened?

New one looks good...
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
NotNormal
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicnerve View Post
Damn!

What happened to the first? How quick were you going when it happened?

New one looks good...
Doing 40 in a 50, tosser in front had no brake lights, buy the time i realised he was braking sharply it was too late, i clipped him and swerved, stopped at the side of him - then the on coming car his me at 50mph without braking

Nobody was seriously injured, i got a small cut on my little finger, that was it - the on coming car was bruising and a cut lip (mk4 astra), the car i clipped the rear of had no injuries at the time but doubtless he developed a massive case os whiplash
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Christ,

Glad you're ok, sounds like it could have been A LOT worse!!

Look on the bright side, NEW CAR!!

I take it you really like the 335d hence going from the busted one straight into another?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #5
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Jeez - that's a big impact. Glad no one was seriously hurt.

Does the blame lie with the guy with no brake lights?
      06-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #6
EZ_TUR90
Ez tur90
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M6

Congrats on the D! What rims do you have on the dead e92? LC Z2S or BBS?
      06-11-2010, 04:45 PM   #7
Hairyarse
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 330d M Sport Auto

Glad you are ok, new one looks stunning! Hope no brake light man picks up the bill
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 06:30 PM   #8
NotNormal
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicnerve View Post
Christ,

Glad you're ok, sounds like it could have been A LOT worse!!

Look on the bright side, NEW CAR!!

I take it you really like the 335d hence going from the busted one straight into another?
I like the engine, it's great, i was looking for any of the following tbh :

335d - coupe, saloon, estate (spec'd up and low miles)
535d - saloon, estate (spec'd up and low miles)
635d - (spec'd up and low miles)

The coupe is a pretty car, but i have two dog's and a little boy, so not 100% practical esp as i use it for work too, but i can live with it ..... as work van's go it's "ok"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
Jeez - that's a big impact. Glad no one was seriously hurt.

Does the blame lie with the guy with no brake lights?
Sadly the police weren't interested in the brake light issue, they were more interested in a young looking lad in an apparently flash car that was apparently my fathers car and i must have been speeding apparently .....
..... Lincolnshire police, bunch of fools !

I'm not saying i wasn't entirely to blame, but i do feel that if the car in front had used brake lights when braking sharply i'm 99% sure i could have averted and collision

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ_TUR90 View Post
Congrats on the D! What rims do you have on the dead e92? LC Z2S or BBS?
Thanks

The dead cars wheels are BBS RS GT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairyarse View Post
Glad you are ok, new one looks stunning! Hope no brake light man picks up the bill
Not looking likely - Lincolnshire police, not impressed by there attitude one iota !
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #9
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
bloody hell...glad ur ok...

yes, loads of these stupid retards driving around causing accidents...and obviously, the great highly effective police force will look at the young bmw driver...
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #10
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
sorry, looking at the pic again and re read ur post...did u not manage to stop completely?...e92 standard brakes r really good IMO....or was it too late?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2010, 03:25 AM   #11
Baby Dave
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E90 320d m sport

Should have used that big glass thing on the front of your car,As you have hit the rear of another car it will be your fault.Bet the on comming driver was a bit Fu*ked off at seeing you on the wrong side of the road.
      06-12-2010, 03:49 AM   #12
Hairyarse
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 330d M Sport Auto

Fingers crossed, if his brake lights aren't working he has to at least share the blame if not take it imo
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2010, 03:50 AM   #13
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
any more pics of the wrecked one? Glad you were not hurt. Should have swerved onto the grass.

Written off I presume. How much was she worth and how much did you get paid out.
      06-12-2010, 04:13 AM   #14
leeadam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp (Evolve Tune)

ah out with the old in with the new model..if only girlfriends were so easy to change
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2010, 04:15 AM   #15
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
What power upgrade thats inter-changeable?

I like the new car mate. Its nice.
      06-12-2010, 04:37 AM   #16
EddieL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't you only pay for the damage you caused to the car you hit? if you were stationary when the next car hit you, then by the same ticket, he is liable for the damage he caused.

Not an expert in these matters, this is just the impression I was under and what I was taught when learning.

Love the new car.
      06-12-2010, 05:20 AM   #17
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d SE

The law is pretty clear on rear end shunts. When you drive you have to be able to stop in the distance you can see - that means working brake lights or not. Basically if you run up the back of someone its automatically your fault. Even if the guy in front bake tests you, if you hit him you're driving too close and therefore not able to stop in the distance you can see.

In this case the best you can hope for is that they other guy gets a ticket for defective brake lights. I'm pretty sure your insurance will get 100% liability as the police will count it as your fault. I do sympathise mate - been there, done that. But legally its your fault if the guy has working lights or not. Be happy they're not charging you with Driving without Due Care & Attention.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #18
rup
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 - 23 Sdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochdale Pioneers View Post
The law is pretty clear on rear end shunts. When you drive you have to be able to stop in the distance you can see - that means working brake lights or not. Basically if you run up the back of someone its automatically your fault. Even if the guy in front bake tests you, if you hit him you're driving too close and therefore not able to stop in the distance you can see.
Unless you're going around a roundabout. A royal mail truck hit me in the rear whilst going around a roundabout. It was a huge truck and in about 3 lanes
Insurance company said that as it was in a roundabout the best they could do is 50/50 as the truck driver said i swerved in front of him, bollocks
Insurance companies will screw the law abiding/tax paying motorist ANYWAY they can, just like the government & police. Whilst doing nothing about the real criminals
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #19
EddieL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochdale Pioneers View Post

In this case the best you can hope for is that they other guy gets a ticket for defective brake lights. I'm pretty sure your insurance will get 100% liability as the police will count it as your fault. I do sympathise mate - been there, done that. But legally its your fault if the guy has working lights or not. Be happy they're not charging you with Driving without Due Care & Attention.
Yes, but if I read the OP correctly, a third party then failed to stop and totaled his car. The only damage the OP done was slight.
      06-13-2010, 05:23 AM   #20
NotNormal
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
What power upgrade thats inter-changeable?

I like the new car mate. Its nice.
CRD-T

Thanks, it's ok ain't it

Ref the accident, tbh, it's hard enough, the insurance companies will sort it out between themselfs
Whats done is done sadly, so it'll not change much now

The copper had made his mind up about the situation when i took one look at me and saw i look young, and i presumed i was driving "daddies" car, and tried to get me to say i was speeding

I'm not overjoyed at shouldering the complete responsibility for every one, but all i want is a simple life ..... whats done is done, time to move on and let sleeping dogs lie so to speak

Over the past few weeks i've been running a Merc g'A Class, a Skoda Octavia VRS and currently a Civic Type R ..... the BMW will be like stepping back into luxury ... it's been missed hahaha

I collect my new car Tuesday, looking forward to it too
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 05:29 AM   #21
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Nasty prang - agree with the comments.

Besides, there would be no way of proving the brake lamps weren't working on the 'offending' vehicle now they are all smashed?
      06-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #22
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sD 18d JB

Your old car looks bad. You new one looks great. Love the slightly angled front shot.

Be happy it's just your finger injury. Sure could've been a lot worse by the looks of it. Glad everyones ok and that the front car surely has more then just bad back lights now.
Appreciate 0