E90Post
 


European Auto Source (EAS)
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > I cloned my MSV70 DME



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-24-2019, 07:02 PM   #2311
4foothill
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: E90 325i LCI
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Manchester

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas225 View Post
The 125i and 130i here in Europe never got the N53 motor. They had the N52 until production end. Also the 125i has the 3 stage manifold which makes it easy to upgrade it to an 130i.
For maximum power output you should use the 330i software of an E92/93 with N52 motor. The N52 in the 330i has 272HP, but it was built from september 2006 to september 2007 only. They are very rare here. In september 2007 we got N53.

dwsavenko If you like you can PM me your VIN and I will have a look, if the 128i and the 330i have the same base version. Finding the power class byte shouldn't be to hard.

I think i also found the power class byte for the N53, but as i have a N54 i can not test it.
I have an n53 (325i) and would love to test it if you could send instructions on where it is.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 09:12 AM   #2312
Jonas225
New Member
2
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Bavaria, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Ok here is what i found out:

Both the 128i US and 330i N52 EU model have the MSV80 ECU and also have the same base version MM10S.

The latest 128i ZUSB is: 8619524 (manual transmission and maybe ZF automatic transmission??) and 8619558 (GM automatic transmission).

The latest 330i ZUSB (E92) is: 8619534

As there is no RSA bypass for that base version, you can not change the byte and just flash it. You can flash the file with WinKFP, read it back with BB App 2.0 or a tuning tool like Kessv2, change the byte and flash it again.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 01:48 AM   #2313
bryanjb
e91 2011 sport
2
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: 2003 325xit
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: new england

iTrader: (0)

aftermarket (chinese) DISA valves

I've found this thread re 3SIM tuning really helpful. At Freedomfries88's suggestion, I tested my DISA valves, which lead to a long, strange trip with chinese aftermarket DISA valves.

I had the problem of oversize pins on the small (chinese) DISA, so I machined the pins down until the connector fit. Don't ask...

As for the large DISA, I am about to post this review on the cheezy chinese seller's products on ebay. This may seem extreme, but after wasting way too much time on this, its clear that there are only one or two chinese aftermarket manufacturers, but many sellers getting them bulk, maybe thru Shenzen connections, or Alibaba, or whatever. Just read before you buy...


SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH THESE AFTERMARKET DISA VALVES, SAVE YOURSELF

PROBLEMS AND READ!!!

After going around with this seller attempting resolution, I am

compelled to share what I found to save other buyers the same misery.

My BMW uses this DISA valve on the intake manifold. I found my old OEM

DISA valves were slow and didn't close or open fully. I used INPA

which has diagnostic functions that allow tests of many sensors and

actuators on the car. Both this DISA (left or large) and smaller were

replaced with aftermarket parts, both clearly chinese made.

I received this part from the seller autopartszone2008, AKA suretop,

AKA gaoshuoauto_6, (i will add others as I find them) in Feb 2019 and

was only able to test this in July 2019. Using INPA on my laptop, and

connected to the DISA connectors in my car, I was suprised to see the

large LEFT DISA *opens when commanded to close, and closes when

commanded to open*.

I have been very patient trying to resolve this with the seller, and

was sent a second unit in early August 2019 which displayed the same

problem. At this point, ALL CHINESE AFTERMARKET DISA VALVES MUST BE

CONSIDERED SUSPECT UNTIL TESTED WITH BMW INPA SHOP TEST PROGRAM!

Anyone with a three stage manifold that uses one of these DISA valves

will actually *hurt* the car's performance, and could conceivably

damage the car, as the controls will be adding fuel for intake

manifold conditions that are not present.

This seller is attempting to evade the fact that these DISA valves are

flawed and DO NOT OPERATE PROPERLY! They had me send back both flawed

units at my expense, but now are refusing to abide by our agreement

and refund my purchase $. Again, I never used either DISA they sent,

but only tested them to verify the flawed operation.

BUYER BEWARE! IF YOU HAVE NOT TESTED ONE OF THESE DISA VALVES, YOU

CANNOT BE ASSURED IT IS WORKING AS ADVERTISED!


BTW, I did get everything tested, verified operational, re-assembled, flashed, and running. And......

This is like a different car. Mileage is up from 24ish to over 27 without hypermileing, but the real difference is the WOT power is *VerY* noticeably improved.

I don't get here much, but I'd like to thank each and every poster who has contributed, but mostly the big guys that figured out how to hack the MSV-80, and pull out and make available the 330 tune.

Just a great project, challenging enough for me at the level I work, very nice results for the effort on my E91Xi.

Last edited by bryanjb; 10-05-2019 at 02:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 10:40 AM   #2314
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
6ixSpd's Avatar
Canada
4435
Rep
5,777
Posts

Drives: '12 M3, '12 135i
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 416

iTrader: (2)

Does anyone have a solution to 2FA4?

I flashed a friend's car with the Bimmerlabs tune on the weekend and it's stuck in this limp mode and drives like it's only got 50HP...

Is the solution to change the powerclass in the CAS to match? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 11:13 AM   #2315
vilord
Captain
178
Rep
728
Posts

Drives: 2007 328xiT, 2002 TT
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: boston

iTrader: (1)

You shouldn't change the CAS.

What model is your friend's car?

I got 2FA4 and it drove like it had 50hp when my DME and CAS didn't match up... DME had the high powerclass and 330 tune and CAS had the low powerclass.

I reinstalled the bimmerlabs bootloader and tune, which put the DME back to low powerclass with 330 tune, and got all the power back and eliminated the 2FA4 code.

If you are running the bimmerlabs tune on a 330 or 130, it won't work right because it will have the lower powerclass in the DME and high powerclass in the CAS.
Appreciate 1
6ixSpd4435.00

      10-28-2019, 12:43 PM   #2316
Xencer
Enlisted Member
11
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: 2011 328i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanjb View Post
I've found this thread re 3SIM tuning really helpful. At Freedomfries88's suggestion, I tested my DISA valves, which lead to a long, strange trip with chinese aftermarket DISA valves.

I had the problem of oversize pins on the small (chinese) DISA, so I machined the pins down until the connector fit. Don't ask...

As for the large DISA, I am about to post this review on the cheezy chinese seller's products on ebay. This may seem extreme, but after wasting way too much time on this, its clear that there are only one or two chinese aftermarket manufacturers, but many sellers getting them bulk, maybe thru Shenzen connections, or Alibaba, or whatever. Just read before you buy...


SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH THESE AFTERMARKET DISA VALVES, SAVE YOURSELF

PROBLEMS AND READ!!!

After going around with this seller attempting resolution, I am

compelled to share what I found to save other buyers the same misery.

My BMW uses this DISA valve on the intake manifold. I found my old OEM

DISA valves were slow and didn't close or open fully. I used INPA

which has diagnostic functions that allow tests of many sensors and

actuators on the car. Both this DISA (left or large) and smaller were

replaced with aftermarket parts, both clearly chinese made.

I received this part from the seller autopartszone2008, AKA suretop,

AKA gaoshuoauto_6, (i will add others as I find them) in Feb 2019 and

was only able to test this in July 2019. Using INPA on my laptop, and

connected to the DISA connectors in my car, I was suprised to see the

large LEFT DISA *opens when commanded to close, and closes when

commanded to open*.

I have been very patient trying to resolve this with the seller, and

was sent a second unit in early August 2019 which displayed the same

problem. At this point, ALL CHINESE AFTERMARKET DISA VALVES MUST BE

CONSIDERED SUSPECT UNTIL TESTED WITH BMW INPA SHOP TEST PROGRAM!

Anyone with a three stage manifold that uses one of these DISA valves

will actually *hurt* the car's performance, and could conceivably

damage the car, as the controls will be adding fuel for intake

manifold conditions that are not present.

This seller is attempting to evade the fact that these DISA valves are

flawed and DO NOT OPERATE PROPERLY! They had me send back both flawed

units at my expense, but now are refusing to abide by our agreement

and refund my purchase $. Again, I never used either DISA they sent,

but only tested them to verify the flawed operation.

BUYER BEWARE! IF YOU HAVE NOT TESTED ONE OF THESE DISA VALVES, YOU

CANNOT BE ASSURED IT IS WORKING AS ADVERTISED!


BTW, I did get everything tested, verified operational, re-assembled, flashed, and running. And......

This is like a different car. Mileage is up from 24ish to over 27 without hypermileing, but the real difference is the WOT power is *VerY* noticeably improved.

I don't get here much, but I'd like to thank each and every poster who has contributed, but mostly the big guys that figured out how to hack the MSV-80, and pull out and make available the 330 tune.

Just a great project, challenging enough for me at the level I work, very nice results for the effort on my E91Xi.
This is very interesting because I have a 3stage intake manifold on my 328i with MILVs by cobramarty and a bpc tune and my WOT performance is shit, partial throttle and it pulls hard. Fucking weird. I bought new disa valves from ECS I think so maybe they are knock offs.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 10:43 PM   #2317
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
6ixSpd's Avatar
Canada
4435
Rep
5,777
Posts

Drives: '12 M3, '12 135i
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 416

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilord View Post
You shouldn't change the CAS.

What model is your friend's car?

I got 2FA4 and it drove like it had 50hp when my DME and CAS didn't match up... DME had the high powerclass and 330 tune and CAS had the low powerclass.

I reinstalled the bimmerlabs bootloader and tune, which put the DME back to low powerclass with 330 tune, and got all the power back and eliminated the 2FA4 code.

If you are running the bimmerlabs tune on a 330 or 130, it won't work right because it will have the lower powerclass in the DME and high powerclass in the CAS.
Turns out I couldn't change the CAS' setting anyways. I ended up changing the 6BMOT's powerclass to match and all is well now!
__________________
'12 M3 6MT Alpine White + Fox Red Extended | '12 135i DCT Jet Black + Black

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 11:30 PM   #2318
Blueeyesredpanda
Major
Blueeyesredpanda's Avatar
Canada
260
Rep
1,220
Posts

Drives: E90 / F30
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Does anyone have a solution to 2FA4?
That's what I have been wondering too. I thought there was a solution, but have never been able to find it.
__________________
3IM . Okada Plasma Direct . Euro Ram Intake . AA header (Pending) . PE . 2nd Cat Delete . F30 340mm 6 pot . EBC Yellow Stuff . StopTech SS Brake Line . BMW Performance CF Strut Bar. 219M . PSS
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 12:02 AM   #2319
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
2939
Rep
6,133
Posts

Drives: "NBO" 330i
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Does anyone have a solution to 2FA4?

I flashed a friend's car with the Bimmerlabs tune on the weekend and it's stuck in this limp mode and drives like it's only got 50HP...

Is the solution to change the powerclass in the CAS to match? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It's a power class mismatch. What car is it?

You can't code the power class on the DME. Coding is locked after 10 hours.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 11:18 AM   #2320
Xencer
Enlisted Member
11
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: 2011 328i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

hassmaschine
I paid for a bpc tune on my 328i with a 3stage intake manifold, milvs and an AFE intake. The car ran much worse than on the stock tune especially at high rpm so I reflashed the stock backup back onto the DME through iflash. I would much rather have the OEM 330i software than the paid tune because they messed with the throttle so much that its basically full throttle at 1/2 pedal. I have a .org file I was wondering if I could open it and edit it to the 330i parameters and flash it back to the vehicle using iflash.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST