E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > All over a parking ticket

08-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #23
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
This post just proves the American police-state mentality. Unlike in most Western countries where cops actually still act like a civilian police force, here in the US the police is like a mix of the Gestapo and Waffen-SS. You should not only respect them but you must fear them to. Man people like you would have had no problems living in the Third Reich.
The guy ran over his foot! wtf would you do!? Give him brain? That's why this new generation is stupid, all the guys are acting like girls, spoiled brats who have no respect, their parents don't teach them shit so society will. If you were in Iran and you did this, you'd get your head beat in..trust me I know this, just cause your closed off in America and you have no idea what's really out there. Be grateful what you have here and stop your constant whining.

Last edited by Amini77; 08-12-2012 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #24
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Tell me which guy makes more sense..The immature kid saying fuck da police...obviously sounds like a loser to me. Or the guy the other guy below him who says he's a spoiled snob who think he's over authority.

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #25
garytc78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

Watch the video again he DID NOT run over the guys foot if you look you will see the car move a tiny bit the copper shout that he's run over him the car stays still but the cop manages to pull his foot from under the wheel???????
I don't think so.
Look at it another way, say you get stopped for not stopping at a stop sign in the US as this is a Major crime and the cop takes a dislike to you dogs you out the car like above and arrests you for lets just say spitting at him, now you cannot prove you didn't but he can say you did because he is the law would you just say ok fair cop OR would you be pissed off?
Maybe this rich kid has had ticket after ticket because he drives a bright red ferrari and this was the final straw you just don't know the circumstances leading up to this point.
      08-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #26
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

The arguments for and against the behavior of both the copper and the driver are making my piss boil. How can any one of you think this is anything other than childish behavior on behalf of both?

Drive over a coppers foot or not, you cannot ignore one giving you a ticket who is clearly positioned to prevent you moving away. On the other hand, dragging the kid out of the car and punching the window etc all looked a bit like uncontrolled rage to me and could easily smack of jealousy.

Imagine if a bloke parked across your drive. You go stand by his car and when he comes to move it, he just ignores you - straight blanks you and gets in. That would piss most people off. Amplify that by ten in this situation, because of the copper lets him drive away without a ticket, he has fundamentally failed in his duty.

Let's discuss the nature of the crime. If the bay did 'belong' to the hotel, the police would have no grounds (or interest) to ticket anyone in it, at any time, for any reason unless the hotel reported an obstruction.

The bulk of this post might suggest I favour the copper. Not so. I think he acted with a distinct lack of class and decorum. He allowed himself to be drawn to a level of pettiness which he could have easily avoided. After that, he compounded the issue by being overly aggressive and putting himself in a position from which it was impossible to retreat. To top it all, I think he faked the foot injury (although I do think the driver used his vehicle in a mildly aggressive and inappropriate way.)

In short, refer to my previous post - a pair of cunts behaving like cunts.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #27
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
I agree Matt mate
      08-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #28
wayne71
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d

Ridiculous over reaction by the copper. I'd shudder to think what would happen if we gave some of the halfwits in our police force more power.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #29
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Copper should have batoned the window in then CS gassed the driver. Now that would have been impressive.
      08-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #30
whilechukwuzout
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 N54

That cop got what he deserved. He should have talked to the guy like a fucking adult.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #31
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by whilechukwuzout View Post
That cop got what he deserved. He should have talked to the guy like a fucking adult.
You mean like when the 'adult' driver got in his car without even acknowledging his presence?

Matt
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #32
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
How could he talk to the guy when he got in and tried to drive off?
      08-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #33
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90330xiSG View Post
The guy ran over his foot! wtf would you do!? Give him brain? That's why this new generation is stupid, all the guys are acting like girls, spoiled brats who have no respect, their parents don't teach them shit so society will. If you were in Iran and you did this, you'd get your head beat in..trust me I know this, just cause your closed off in America and you have no idea what's really out there. Be grateful what you have here and stop your constant whining.

I was talking about the militarization of the US Police, I was not refereeing to the incident in the video. I also spent my childhood in Communist Poland. My grandparents survived the Warsaw Uprising and probably saw more shit in an hour than most Americans see in a lifetime. So each I know a thing or two about what a Police State looks like. Oh and to top it off I also served in the USMC 97-01. And I'm not talking about Iran I'm talking about Westernized countries and how easy it is to go from Democracy to total cluster fuck dictatorship.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #34
Billyray911
Brigadier General
Venezuela
Rep
Drives: Blah

I have to agree with Matt also.In a confrontation between a couple of flawed characters,there was only ever going to be one 'winner'.
Bar a few people,I don't think that there will ever be agreement with UK and stateside/other posters re this one,as the UK has a fundamentally different way of Policing ie ours is by consent.
By and large,this allows for a more relaxed approach!
An awareness of The Betari box may have been useful to them both.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 06:09 AM   #35
Mart1000
Capt Slow
Rep
Drives: Leon FR Supercopa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
The arguments for and against the behavior of both the copper and the driver are making my piss boil. How can any one of you think this is anything other than childish behavior on behalf of both?

Drive over a coppers foot or not, you cannot ignore one giving you a ticket who is clearly positioned to prevent you moving away. On the other hand, dragging the kid out of the car and punching the window etc all looked a bit like uncontrolled rage to me and could easily smack of jealousy.

Imagine if a bloke parked across your drive. You go stand by his car and when he comes to move it, he just ignores you - straight blanks you and gets in. That would piss most people off. Amplify that by ten in this situation, because of the copper lets him drive away without a ticket, he has fundamentally failed in his duty.

Let's discuss the nature of the crime. If the bay did 'belong' to the hotel, the police would have no grounds (or interest) to ticket anyone in it, at any time, for any reason unless the hotel reported an obstruction.

The bulk of this post might suggest I favour the copper. Not so. I think he acted with a distinct lack of class and decorum. He allowed himself to be drawn to a level of pettiness which he could have easily avoided. After that, he compounded the issue by being overly aggressive and putting himself in a position from which it was impossible to retreat. To top it all, I think he faked the foot injury (although I do think the driver used his vehicle in a mildly aggressive and inappropriate way.)

In short, refer to my previous post - a pair of cunts behaving like cunts.

Matt
Totally agree. People skills were totally lacking in both brain compartments.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 06:33 AM   #36
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

Why do people feel like they need to take a side on this one? As Matt has said, they are a couple of fannies.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #37
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

Guys watch the video again.
'Adult' has tried to speak to officer. He says something, looks at copper. When there is no response from this copper, then he sits into his car.
I am not taking side of 'Adult' and at any stage, he should not have tried to drive. However this copper needs to improve his skills and should be sent to stress/ anager management course.
      08-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #38
Cyprio
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S4 B/Edition

Typical reaction of a Stateside cop! Sometimes you love em, sometimes you hate em!
Imo they both over-reacted. No winners or losers here!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #39
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Why didn't the copper stand in front of the car instead of by the side?
      08-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #40
fooledyas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 z4 and 328i

Welcome to New York. Self important entitled a-hole,s that think they can do what ever they want. society's rules don't apply to them. I'm talking about the cop and the moron with the Ferrari
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #41
yeti racing
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 330d M Sport

Copper A is a prick, Im all for them roughing some pissed up, Friday night hard man but Jesus, thats a little strong.

Would like to see how you'd feel if you were on the receiving end, as remember, if you retaliate (as most would if someone did that) you'd be royally fooked.

Last edited by yeti racing; 08-21-2012 at 08:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #42
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Coppers a heavy handed . The bloke was in the car and the engine running before Pod even started writing the ticket. He could have sent him off with a warning. If you stick your foot under a rolling wheel, what do you think will happen.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #43
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
They're both c8cks but I think the policeman was asking for it and is the bigger c8ck...fcukin d1ck...trying to "block" the car! ...and crying like a b1tch afterwards... he got the car's number...so why "prevent" it from leaving by standing so close on purpose?

The tyre didn't even get close to his foot....hes just pissed off because the other guy was driving off...and didn't give a sh1t about him!....

Just like when that parking attendant tried to "take a picture" of my car to give me a ticket...I just drove off...showing him the wanker sign...sometimes, you get those useless d1ckheads who's got nothing better to do...
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #44
Subzero2003
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Rich prick gets into Ferrari, tries to drive off, runs over a NY cop's foot. Big mistake.

The cop put himself where he did, because he clearly didn't expect the idiot Ferrari driver to start running him over. By standing where he did, the cop was saying, non verbally, "you aren't going anywhere for a second until i issue this ticket". Ferrari guy wasn't having it.

This is what you get from "new money" youngsters who haven't had to work a day in their life and been handed stuff from parents. No respect, no courteousy and a big attitude problem.
Appreciate 0