E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Possible failed DME

06-11-2022, 06:56 PM   #1
MadJoe
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Garage List
Possible failed DME

Hey guys, I've been trying to repair my old 2006 325i. Sadly it sat for over a year untouched. Understandably it had a completely dead battery. Once I got the battery charged up the car actually did start, but was running really roughly. I had multiple codes, a couple misfires (cylinders 1, 3, and 5). Well I shut it off after letting it warm up a little. While it idled I also noted that pressing the accelerator didn't do anything at all. I had replaced the accelerator assembly a month or 2 before I parked it the last time, so I assume it's still good. The codes, besides the misfire codes, I was getting at this time were:

2A3F Valvetronic servo motor power supply
2A30 ESS power supply
2D20 Accelerator pedal module, pedal encoder, plausibility between sig 1 and sig 2
2D1E Accelerator pedal power supply
2A43 and 2A41 Valvetronic overload codes.

I replaced the engine to body ground that goes from the coil pack wires to the passenger side fender and this cleared up a bunch of codes but then the car started idling even worse. Now it idles so poorly I won't let it run. But it will stay running even though it sounds and feels like it's only running on 2 cylinders. I've checked the power distributor on top of the battery, and all the relays and fuses. Nothing there seems to be amiss.

Remaining codes are:
2A3F
2D1E
And a new one:
2ACB DME Main relay control (tested DME relay; is good)

As poorly as it's running I can't understand how there are not longer any misfire codes, but they're gone. I did remove the spark plugs from cylinders 1 and 2, and both were wet with fuel. I assume this means they weren't firing.

Any ideas? Is my DME shot? How is the car even running if that's the issue?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0