E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > E93 N55 MHD Stage 1+ datalog do I need a turbo upgrade?

01-19-2022, 07:36 AM   #1
Takummie
Enlisted Member
Japan
Rep
Drives: E93 335i N55 DCT M Sport

E93 N55 MHD Stage 1+ datalog do I need a turbo upgrade?

I have been running on stage 1+ for 2 weeks and I did my first datalog by doing 3 pulls on 3rd to 4th. No codes whatsoever but acceleration feels a bit slow.
Datazap here https://datazap.me/u/takummie/3-pull...og=0&data=3-12
On the first pull time correction happened like 2~3 times and 1 time on the third pull. No corrections during second pull. Is that acceptable or something is wrong? Im running on 98RON map and fuel is just about that. (Here we are offered “regular” and “high-octane”, no one knows the exact number but I believe it’s around 100RON.) FYI it has xHP stage 3.
IAT is quite bad so I’m getting an FMIC next month.
Boost seems to taper down to around 10psi which is just lame. I’m pretty much a noob but acceleration past 100 feels slower than I though it should. Is it normal, or there actually are some problems I need to deal with?
Btw, is DP really a must have for going stage 2? Any modification to the catalyst converter is super illegal here and cops actually pull you over on street for that. Straight pipe is not an option and high flow catted DPs need to pass a super expensive and tedious emission test to get approved (around US$1000). Plus it’s a pain in the ass to install DP on RHD car. Sad situation but that’s what I have to deal with, so I’d like to know if the cons can out weight everything. Many thanks in advance!
Retrofit $541 $620 $644 $6FL $6VC $8TL $8TN

Last edited by Takummie; 01-19-2022 at 07:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 03:06 PM   #2
carguy138
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takummie View Post
I have been running on stage 1+ for 2 weeks and I did my first datalog by doing 3 pulls on 3rd to 4th. No codes whatsoever but acceleration feels a bit slow.
Datazap here https://datazap.me/u/takummie/3-pull...og=0&data=3-12
On the first pull time correction happened like 2~3 times and 1 time on the third pull. No corrections during second pull. Is that acceptable or something is wrong? Im running on 98RON map and fuel is just about that. (Here we are offered “regular” and “high-octane”, no one knows the exact number but I believe it’s around 100RON.) FYI it has xHP stage 3.
IAT is quite bad so I’m getting an FMIC next month.
Boost seems to taper down to around 10psi which is just lame. I’m pretty much a noob but acceleration past 100 feels slower than I though it should. Is it normal, or there actually are some problems I need to deal with?
Btw, is DP really a must have for going stage 2? Any modification to the catalyst converter is super illegal here and cops actually pull you over on street for that. Straight pipe is not an option and high flow catted DPs need to pass a super expensive and tedious emission test to get approved (around US$1000). Plus it’s a pain in the ass to install DP on RHD car. Sad situation but that’s what I have to deal with, so I’d like to know if the cons can out weight everything. Many thanks in advance!
Frankly with those considerations, the DP and stage 2 tune isn't really worth the hassle. Enjoy the car for what it is.

Consider these upgrades instead.
-Rear LSD
-Solid subframe bushings
-Front M3 control arms

Done.

Last edited by carguy138; 01-19-2022 at 06:00 PM..
Appreciate 2
E92only82.00
      01-19-2022, 07:01 PM   #3
Takummie
Enlisted Member
Japan
Rep
Drives: E93 335i N55 DCT M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy138 View Post
Frankly with those considerations, the DP and stage 2 tune isn't really worth the hassle. Enjoy the car for what it is.

Consider these upgrades instead.
-Rear LSD
-Solid subframe bushings
-Front M3 control arms

Done.
I think you are right… The power it currently got is more than enough for me already. Will focus more onto power train and suspension stuff. thx!
Retrofit $541 $620 $644 $6FL $6VC $8TL $8TN
Appreciate 0