E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Apple carplay

05-26-2022, 01:54 PM   #1
M892
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1 series f20, 3 series f30

Apple carplay

I have a 3 series 2014 with nbt system and was wondering what my options were for having apple carplay and a reversing camera installed? Planning to do it all myself, but just needed to know where to start looking in terms of the product. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 12:27 PM   #2
Rich_D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport LCI

This is the wrong forum (you have a newer model), but you can get an MMI box that will give you Apple CarPlay, etc, for around £200, I know a couple of people with these boxes and they're both happy with them.

Something like this >>> https://droiduk.com/product/mmi-box/

They're plug & play, no coding required and there are a few different places selling similar MMI boxes.
      06-02-2022, 12:00 AM   #3
nomiS330d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330d

I helped my son fit one of these
https://bavarian-automotive.co.uk/pr...rplay-retrofit
to his LCI E91 and he’s very happy with it. I’ve been tempted to fit it to my pre LCI E92 which has already been upgraded to CIC but I’m considering selling my car in the next couple of months so I’m resisting temptation. The hardest part of the instal was finding room behind the head unit for all the extra wiring but it does fit…..just!
As already said, you’re in the wrong forum for your f30 which I believe has the NBT system but the link I’ve posted is good for both systems so go check them out.
Appreciate 0