E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Torquing down fuel lines for valve cover gasket change?

09-01-2018, 08:48 AM   #1
pjr710
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Torquing down fuel lines for valve cover gasket change?

I've watched a bunch of videos and read a lot of write ups ... seems like not many have done this.

But when you replaced your valve cover gasket did you torque down your fuel lines using a crow foot wrench?

How important is this step?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 12:12 AM   #2
PA66400
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

It's not at all important. Just don't overtighten it - snug and then one more tug on the wrench and it'll be fine. You SHOULD torque the valve cover bolts, if replacing the gasket.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 02:18 AM   #3
Brandoch
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M3 DCT

Garage List
Use common sense. Torque is very important, especially a fuel line over top of a very hot engine. It's up to you to decide what you want to do. When doing mechanical work, you should look at every step first before doing a job and see if you have all the tools required. You seem to ask a lot of questions with out research or using common sense first.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 06:59 AM   #4
pjr710
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandoch View Post
Use common sense. Torque is very important, especially a fuel line over top of a very hot engine. It's up to you to decide what you want to do. When doing mechanical work, you should look at every step first before doing a job and see if you have all the tools required. You seem to ask a lot of questions with out research or using common sense first.
Lmao thanks for that last comment man...

I've been researching for about the past week and a half and compiling all the tools I need. So yes I ask questions but they're questions I can't find answers to.

I love when ppl make snap judgments like you.

The ecs tuning guide says to torque it down. But they also say to use gear oil on the threads ... so I'll have to look up and see if that torque spec is even right.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 12:54 AM   #5
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandoch View Post
Geez!
Appreciate 0