E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > blueh88 Build Thread!

07-13-2020, 11:57 AM   #155
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueh88 View Post
Yeah Abby right? Lol.

£80. Naa I really can't be bothered going that far lol.
Haha yeah that's the one! I found out today that Hal9k has made Android 10 for our PX5 Units I've sent across £6 or so for his "Mod Installer Pro" which put a custom recovery on and you can install Android 10 from a USB stick, it's so easy! Still waiting on the APK to be sent though but 10 looks pretty nice

How's the car going anyway, I swear I asked for a video like a year ago lmao did you see the chap on Officially Gassed with his 500hp 330D?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 01:45 PM   #156
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330d M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSweet1991 View Post

Haha yeah that's the one! I found out today that Hal9k has made Android 10 for our PX5 Units I've sent across £6 or so for his "Mod Installer Pro" which put a custom recovery on and you can install Android 10 from a USB stick, it's so easy! Still waiting on the APK to be sent though but 10 looks pretty nice

How's the car going anyway, I swear I asked for a video like a year ago lmao did you see the chap on Officially Gassed with his 500hp 330D?
Oh yeah I've got his older version. I'll have to try that then!! That'd be well cool!

Car is awesome. Really enjoying it atm. Engine mods have been faultless, now with the better brakes I've got much more confidence in it. Haha oops I know, I just haven't got round to it! Sorry! I will definitely sort something, I just want to mount my phone securely somewhere.

Oh yeah seen that, mental! But didn't end well did it lol. Personally, I think that was taking it too far. I think what I've done, for me is the maximum I would take it without losing reliability.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 02:24 PM   #157
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Oh yeah I've got his older version. I'll have to try that then!! That'd be well cool!

Car is awesome. Really enjoying it atm. Engine mods have been faultless, now with the better brakes I've got much more confidence in it. Haha oops I know, I just haven't got round to it! Sorry! I will definitely sort something, I just want to mount my phone securely somewhere.

Oh yeah seen that, mental! But didn't end well did it lol. Personally, I think that was taking it too far. I think what I've done, for me is the maximum I would take it without losing reliability.
I spoke to the chap on Instagram and got a couple of videos and man it sounded like a right beast! It was short lived though because there was low compression on cylinder 6 and it was a bent rod. It must be nice to be able to strip the engine down to nothing when need be though lol

Anyway, I got the mod installer Pro and got Android 10 and the stock MCU 3.44 on and I couldn't believe it but Realdash actually works! Like since I've had this xtrons ive had no end of problems with it cycling a connection with the Carly Adapter but since Android 10 and stock 3.44 it's been rock solid! With the Bavarian realdash gauge it shows you what gear your in which is really weird lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 07:59 AM   #158
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I spoke to the chap on Instagram and got a couple of videos and man it sounded like a right beast! It was short lived though because there was low compression on cylinder 6 and it was a bent rod. It must be nice to be able to strip the engine down to nothing when need be though lol

Anyway, I got the mod installer Pro and got Android 10 and the stock MCU 3.44 on and I couldn't believe it but Realdash actually works! Like since I've had this xtrons ive had no end of problems with it cycling a connection with the Carly Adapter but since Android 10 and stock 3.44 it's been rock solid! With the Bavarian realdash gauge it shows you what gear your in which is really weird lol.
That's cool, I might have to give it a try when I next get chance! You paid for the mod installer pro right? would you mind just giving a quick few steps on the process of upgrading? I'm currently running an older version of the hal9k ROM.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 04:13 PM   #159
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep

Just a quick acceleration video my mate took today.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/B5noisKm5Rn7RH7h9
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 03:28 AM   #160
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

was quick aswell about a mili second h ah ah
Appreciate 1
blueh8869.00
      07-25-2021, 05:06 AM   #161
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep

Not really had time be on the forums but just a little update - updated the serpentine and main drive belts along with the crank pulley. My power steering just stopped working and the pulley rubber had torn.

All back up and running smoothly now!

Also, contemplating selling up...had it over 5 years now and I've put a lot into it but feel ready for another motor now. Only issue is, how do I value it?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 08:31 AM   #162
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Not really had time be on the forums but just a little update - updated the serpentine and main drive belts along with the crank pulley. My power steering just stopped working and the pulley rubber had torn.

Also, contemplating selling up...had it over 5 years now and I've put a lot into it but feel ready for another motor now. Only issue is, how do I value it?
With the work you've put into it your e90 must feel like it's worth a hundred grand lmao. What you thinking of getting? I need to get a 7 seater x5 as I need the extra seats but I think I'll try to keep my e90 because for the money mines probably worth now I'd rather keep it. Yours has a nice history and some good upgrades though so I'd say yours just needs the right person.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 04:06 AM   #163
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

yeh,ive just had 4 new tyres/new windscrren /taxed ir,all four discs and pads/mot etc,about a grand..still drives mint,157k miles,had a new clutch and flywheel and all suspension parts just over 2 yresars ago,not worth selling,has a cracked bumper at front,,rather keep it and see what happens,still keeping my 640d also,although im always trawling for my next car,looked at m6 f series/m5/m4/m3 etc etc
Appreciate 1
blueh8869.00
      07-31-2021, 01:50 PM   #164
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasa bmw View Post
yeh,ive just had 4 new tyres/new windscrren /taxed ir,all four discs and pads/mot etc,about a grand..still drives mint,157k miles,had a new clutch and flywheel and all suspension parts just over 2 yresars ago,not worth selling,has a cracked bumper at front,,rather keep it and see what happens,still keeping my 640d also,although im always trawling for my next car,looked at m6 f series/m5/m4/m3 etc etc
Haha yeah, for me I never actually end up paying a fat lot on my 330d, I either manage to find a bargain (like a rear subframe for £30) or touch wood I've had every AA parts and Garage claim accepted which was £535 towards parts/labour while paying just a £35 excess. But money aside the amount of time I've put into that car, the rear subframe being the longest I just couldn't sell that off cheap. And I don't care how old my 330d is, that thing looks like a beast for its age! I've been parked next to many much newer cars and a load of people have commented how nice mine looks and with the private plate people assume it's a much newer car haha. So yeah I think this will stay with me untill the beasty bottom end gives a knock.

Out of curiosity, why the 335d and the 640d? What engine is in the 640d as well?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 06:20 AM   #165
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

With the work you've put into it your e90 must feel like it's worth a hundred grand lmao. What you thinking of getting? I need to get a 7 seater x5 as I need the extra seats but I think I'll try to keep my e90 because for the money mines probably worth now I'd rather keep it. Yours has a nice history and some good upgrades though so I'd say yours just needs the right person.
Lol yeah and it can keep going! The work will never stop...
I'm really not sure tbh...just ordered a new M135i for the family car and I know its controversial but it will do the Mrs well and its a good everyday car. So if I do sell this to the right person then it opens up a lot of options. Two avenues: either something oldish like some cult jap car - I love s15 Silvias but they're so rare! Or if it's something modernish like a C63 or even something daft like an Evora lol. Really don't know.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 02:16 AM   #166
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Haha yeah, for me I never actually end up paying a fat lot on my 330d, I either manage to find a bargain (like a rear subframe for £30) or touch wood I've had every AA parts and Garage claim accepted which was £535 towards parts/labour while paying just a £35 excess. But money aside the amount of time I've put into that car, the rear subframe being the longest I just couldn't sell that off cheap. And I don't care how old my 330d is, that thing looks like a beast for its age! I've been parked next to many much newer cars and a load of people have commented how nice mine looks and with the private plate people assume it's a much newer car haha. So yeah I think this will stay with me untill the beasty bottom end gives a knock.

Out of curiosity, why the 335d and the 640d? What engine is in the 640d as well?
640d is the n57 twin turbo,313 bhp factory,mine over 370 bhp and 800 nm,best looking bmw for years and cheaper now than 3 series with same engine,mine was £81k when new,i paid £13k 18 months ago,ill pop a pick or 2 up
Attached Images

Appreciate 0