E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > broken A/C condenser support, tilted

03-01-2020, 06:11 PM   #1
Seaneezy
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90 335i

broken A/C condenser support, tilted

Just found out after removing my intercooler that the driver's side support to hold up the A/C condenser broke off. Is it important to keep this condenser level? I am able to fit my intercooler on and run the car without that support, and haven't ran my A/C for a while since we just got out of winter. I can't find the part # for that specific bracket (I initially thought I would have to replace my radiator support, however I found a relative part # for the specific radiator carrier that holds the radiator, but it doesn't have the A/C condenser support). I also cannot budge the condenser up without having to remove my radiator itself. To fix this, I would probably remove the radiator and condenser, and epoxy a stiff piece of plastic to it's original location. I have attached pictures.

I would prefer to ignore this issue for now until I inevitably have to replace my radiator and would address it then since the car hasn't ran in a few months now.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 08:18 PM   #2
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Form the photos can’t really tell what is broken. Condenser is very light. Was this in a wreck? I don’t think was properly put together.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 11:39 PM   #3
Seaneezy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Form the photos can’t really tell what is broken. Condenser is very light. Was this in a wreck? I don’t think was properly put together.
No wreck, someone tapped my bumper a few months before disassembly but it didn't seem like enough force to break a plastic reinforcement.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 10:52 AM   #4
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaneezy View Post
No wreck, someone tapped my bumper a few months before disassembly but it didn't seem like enough force to break a plastic reinforcement.
The condenser isn't fasten, the plastic just clips onto it. Same with power steering oil radiator. Probably is just dislodged.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 03:03 PM   #5
Seaneezy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
The condenser isn't fasten, the plastic just clips onto it. Same with power steering oil radiator. Probably is just dislodged.
Right on, all I needed to know. I'll just remove the radiator to move it and clip it back on.
Appreciate 0