E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Gun possession. yes or no?

Closed Thread

07-29-2012, 01:59 AM   #331
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Don't you all see the stupidity in talking about things other than guns? Let the fucker charge the theater with a box cutter, or a nail gun, or a cake knife. Let him dump fertilizer outside the theater while people go in and out. Truth is, he wouldn't have hit 70 people without getting taken down without the AR-15.

And tell me, what's the "proper use" of an AR-15? Why, it's exactly the same as the improper use! Show some common sense, and don't mixup things made for other uses with things made exclusively to kill masses of people quickly.

No shit that a box cutter is risky on a plane full of people doing 600mph at 30,000 ft. That's why they have different rules for flying. But it has nothing to do with gun violence.
His AR jammed right when he started; next question.
      07-29-2012, 02:05 AM   #332
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Im so fuckin' tired of hearing that assault rifles are bad. Do some research before you talk. Legal assault rifles have about the same exact fire frequency of any semi-auto handgun. He DIDN'T have a fully automatic rifle like the movies. Fuck you guys don't listen.
      07-29-2012, 03:29 AM   #333
spanner1751
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i M sport sedan

Quote:
Don't you all see the stupidity in talking about things other than guns? Let the fucker charge the theater with a box cutter, or a nail gun, or a cake knife. Let him dump fertilizer outside the theater while people go in and out. Truth is, he wouldn't have hit 70 people without getting taken down without the AR-15.
I think that the middle east suicide bombers are doing a pretty good job of killing lots of people without firearms.
      07-29-2012, 06:39 AM   #334
dasReaper
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 128i Black/Black

AR stands for Armalite Rifle not assualt rifle, because it was first built by the Armalite company.
      07-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #335
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Im so fuckin' tired of hearing that assault rifles are bad. Do some research before you talk. Legal assault rifles have about the same exact fire frequency of any semi-auto handgun. He DIDN'T have a fully automatic rifle like the movies. Fuck you guys don't listen.
I never said or implied it was fully automatic, calm the fuck down. The semi-auto and magazine combo is my point.
As for the jamming, are you implying it jammed before he got a shot off, and used another gun for all the shooting? That's not my understanding.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #336
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner1751 View Post
I think that the middle east suicide bombers are doing a pretty good job of killing lots of people without firearms.

For the n-teenth time we're not debating that there are other effective ways to kill people.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #337
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
I never said or implied it was fully automatic, calm the fuck down. The semi-auto and magazine combo is my point.
As for the jamming, are you implying it jammed before he got a shot off, and used another gun for all the shooting? That's not my understanding.
Sources say it jammed due to rapid trigger pull. Then switched to the shotgun. I don't think theyll release the amount of rounds it fired, but from the dramatization it wasn't many.
      08-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #338
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

I'm jumping in without reading the entire thread.

It's all been said in every forum.

There is no way guns will be outlawed in the US, ever. The corporate gun lobby has a lock on propaganda. How would gun haters raise money to fight that? Impossible.

A person who buys a gun for protection is more likely to kill himself with it than protect his home. I work in a hospital. The number of people who shoot themselves is unbelievable. And I only see the ones who screw it up.

If you think it's OK to check out when you want, hey, that's great. It's called depression, and some people really do have nothing to live for, or an incurable disease. But for most, it's treatable. And it's a crying shame. Gun in mouth blues. Without a gun handy, most people would just have a hangover to battle.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #339
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
A person who buys a gun for protection is more likely to kill himself with it than protect his home.
Is your source for this inaccurate statement that you work in a hospital?

And what Collins said is true, the Aurora shooter didn't do research and bought a C Mag for his AR which is notorious for jamming. Most of the hits were with pellets from the shotgun as a few sources have stated.

If everyone carried, this kind of thing would not happen cause the bad guys would be too scared of getting taken out. The "no firearms allowed" sign at that theater sure helped all of the victims I suppose. That sign does nothing but deter innocent people from carrying. The bad guys don't really care what the sign says.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #340
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

So close to this thread dying.....
      08-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #341
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
So close to this thread dying.....
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #342
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by .b0link View Post
I think part of this problem, IS the fact that there is such a negative stigma placed on carrying a firearm, concealed or otherwise. People are afraid to fight back. People don't stand up for themselves or others like they used to. People will sit there and take it. Its the pacifist nature that the government is trying to push us to. Well, guess what. It doesn't work. If the bad guys know that no one will put up a fight...what is to discourage them?
True.

Here in the UK, gun ownership has been demonised by the media and polititians ever since the two mass murder shootings at Hungerford in 1987 and Dunblane in 1997.
The knee jerk reaction to Hungerford was to totally ban legal ownership of self-loading rifles and moving pump and self loading shotguns to harder to obtain certification process.
After the Dunblane shooting in 1997, legal ownership of ALL forms of handguns were banned (and the Govt 'stole' my .45 1911)

All this was done in the premise of protecting the public, but as predicted by everyone except the media and political elite, crime involving firearms has increased dramatically since 1997
      08-18-2012, 01:10 AM   #343
fidelcashflow
Rep
Drives: M3

did you guys hear about the dude who 3d printed the receiver for an AR 15? put it up on the pirate bay.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 01:54 AM   #344
M3Denver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by !JGunz_325
"If guns kill people, then...
Pencils mispell words
Cars make people drive drunk
Spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat."
This must be a tshirt somewhere!!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 02:06 AM   #345
M3Denver
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by .b0link
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_runner View Post
I don't really care about the argument, I'm just curious who here has a 100 round clip? What do you use it for?
Turning bad things into dead bad things?
Lol

I was prepping for the next zombie apocalypse or when a herd of bears attack my home for my stash if honey and berries.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 03:00 AM   #346
M3Denver
Lieutenant
Rep

And my final post - I hope they don't jam gun control legislation down out throats !
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #347
showcase
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3

if everyone was responsible, it wouldn't be an issue...problem is, there are way too many deranged idiots out there
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #348
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
One question I'd love to ask all the gun lovers
What would you suggest to help stop this kind of incident from happening?
You're all strongly against more gun laws, so what other measures could we do to stop this?
Or is this killing rate within acceptable tolerances?
So it's ok to own as many guns and bullets as possible, if we lose 10-20 people every few months, fuck it?
Better mental health awareness in this country would be a good start.

Acceptable losses? Hmmm....no such thing. Every loss is tragic, and the more people who get killed by guns, the more I'd want one to protect myself. You're using a fallacious argument, assuming all we'd have to do is pass a law and this would stop. Murder is already illegal.

Your turn: how many people would have to die on the roads every year before you'd be in favor of banning cars? Is the current 34,000/year figure in the US acceptable to you?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #349
carve
Major
Rep

Quote:
Those 100 round drum mags are notoriously unreliable, not to mention heavy and a lot of stress on the receiver. The military tested them and are sticking with 30 rounders. If Holmes had done the same, he probably would've killed many more, so I'm glad he had the 100 rounder.

In other news, 2011 has the fewest homicides in Los Angeles since 1969, despite having a higher population now. The vast majority of them were clustered around Compton. Anyone care to guess why?

Last edited by carve; 08-19-2012 at 07:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #350
ScaredOnce
Very Important
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi (e92)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
[...]
A person who buys a gun for protection is more likely to kill himself with it than protect his home. I work in a hospital. [...]
That's actually not true... I'll let you Google up the idiotic Bradybunch reasoning which promoted that drivel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
[...] The vast majority of them were clustered around Compton. Anyone care to guess why?
The fine residents of Compton hadn't realized that the PMag and other 30 rounders are in fact much more reliable than those stamped Al 75/100rd drum jobs?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #351
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
Better mental health awareness in this country would be a good start.

Acceptable losses? Hmmm....no such thing. Every loss is tragic, and the more people who get killed by guns, the more I'd want one to protect myself. You're using a fallacious argument, assuming all we'd have to do is pass a law and this would stop. Murder is already illegal.

Your turn: how many people would have to die on the roads every year before you'd be in favor of banning cars? Is the current 34,000/year figure in the US acceptable to you?
So you think that mental health in this country is lacking, but you have no problem with the easy access to guns?

A car is not designed to kill people
A gun is
So the example is not relevant
When a car kills someone it's an accident
When a gun kills someone, it's doing what it was designed for
      08-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #352
carve
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
So you think that mental health in this country is lacking, but you have no problem with the easy access to guns?

A car is not designed to kill people
A gun is
So the example is not relevant
When a car kills someone it's an accident
When a gun kills someone, it's doing what it was designed for
It can be argued that guns are intended to defend yourself with. Nevertheless, guns and cars both have high body counts. You seem to think gun owners think a certain number is an acceptable loss for the right to defend yourself. What is YOUR acceptable body count to be able to travel at whatever time is convenient for you? Don't forget to include deaths from environmental destruction.

Last edited by carve; 08-19-2012 at 10:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread