E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > AK Motorwerk Appreciation Thread

02-18-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
MShao825
Go Terps!
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII/FR E92 M3

Thumbs up AK Motorwerk Appreciation Thread

It seems like the Alex and Kevin at AK Motorwerk threads have taken over the Tri-State regional forum, at least on E90Post, but they absolutely deserve every single kind word they've gotten. I just went to their new shop for the 1st time yesterday and love the new location (just 10-15 minutes down the road I work on).

I had my Rogue Engineering pulley installed yesterday. I asked Alex how much he would ask for to install my Macht Schnell air filter too. I knew it was a very simple install, but if he could do it for not too much I planned on having him kill 2 birds with one stone. To my surprise, since he said they had to get to the air filter to get to the pulley anyway, they would just install my air filter for free Just an example of how Alex and Kevin are here to take care of us as they're one of us as well.

Keep up the great work fellas. I definitely plan on stopping by again and/or often now that you're so close to me, and anyone not too far away needs to do the same. You 2 are doing big things in the area
      02-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshao825 View Post
It seems like the Alex and Kevin at AK Motorwerk threads have taken over the Tri-State regional forum, at least on E90Post, but they absolutely deserve every single kind word they've gotten. I just went to their new shop for the 1st time yesterday and love the new location (just 10-15 minutes down the road I work on).

I had my Rogue Engineering pulley installed yesterday. I asked Alex how much he would ask for to install my Macht Schnell air filter too. I knew it was a very simple install, but if he could do it for not too much I planned on having him kill 2 birds with one stone. To my surprise, since he said they had to get to the air filter to get to the pulley anyway, they would just install my air filter for free Just an example of how Alex and Kevin are here to take care of us as they're one of us as well.

Keep up the great work fellas. I definitely plan on stopping by again and/or often now that you're so close to me, and anyone not too far away needs to do the same. You 2 are doing big things in the area
Good seeing you again Michael....Thanks for the kind words and for swinging by yesterday. Glad we could help you out and glad you're enjoying the new RE Pulley

See you again real soon... swing by anytime
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 08:17 AM   #3
mazda3ndp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E9x M3

I was there the other day to have my alekshop.com multimedia box installed in my 08 e93. I wanted them to install the backup camera, the iphone cable and obviously the multimedia box. they do clean work and didnt destroy my interior trying to take panels off etc. The install did take longer than expected but that was more or less because the instructions were for coupes not verts. anyway, I am satisfied with the install, and it was a pleasure dealing with these guys. If your in the area and are thinking of getting some work done on your whip, hit these guys up.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #4
MShao825
Go Terps!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda3ndp View Post
I was there the other day to have my alekshop.com multimedia box installed in my 08 e93. I wanted them to install the backup camera, the iphone cable and obviously the multimedia box. they do clean work and didnt destroy my interior trying to take panels off etc. The install did take longer than expected but that was more or less because the instructions were for coupes not verts. anyway, I am satisfied with the install, and it was a pleasure dealing with these guys. If your in the area and are thinking of getting some work done on your whip, hit these guys up.
Nice to meet you Nick. Glad to hear you're liking the new mod
      02-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda3ndp View Post
Thanks Nic.... Was nice meeting you! Vert was a little more work, but glad we got the chance to get it done for you.

Hope to see you around again soon!!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #6
M3Alpine
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 AW/SO

i have a bunch of things awaiting install just the weather isnt looking to good lol Ill be seeing you guys soon....hopefully
2015 AW/SO
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #7
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3alpine View Post
i have a bunch of things awaiting install just the weather isnt looking to good lol Ill be seeing you guys soon....hopefully
Can't wait to work on your AW M

This weather does stink tho, hopefully it'll clear up real soon!!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 11:55 PM   #8
MShao825
Go Terps!
Rep

Just went back to AK Motorwerk to get a new front lip installed and rear diffuser reinstalled (I wasn't happy with the job my buddy and I originally did). Again, I couldn't be happier with Alex and Kevin's work. In general, installs never seem to go 100% smoothly, but Alex and Kevin are the only guys I've met who do perfect work from my experience. I completely trust taking my car to them because I know they treat every customer's car as if it's their own. Alex, although I told you I feel like I'm done modding, I'm sure I'll be back for more
      03-21-2010, 08:07 AM   #9
akh23456
All I do is Win... Eat Race Sleep
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Range 2011 M3 2019 600lt

Garage List
i cant wait to check their shop out....hopefully i will be there in a week or two for my Oss and possible pulleys

Rs7 : 10.4 133.50 with a 1.7 60ft Toyo R888
F10 M5: 11.308 131.96 with a 1.9 60ft Street Tires
E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires
Appreciate 0