E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Koni is on sale, do your homework

04-17-2021, 08:13 PM   #23
dmatre
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrydr310 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
I would not put b4s on the front and b8s on the rear as they’re very different designs and that would lead to odd handling behavior. Since you have b4s on the front of match those in the rear. B4s are very good.

If you were replacing them all I’d say konis. On the durability factor - hard to say but I’ve never had issues with the konis I’ve installed on all my cars. B4s will last a long time. There are too many unknowns to gushed this.

Also be sure to replace your bump stops. Made a huge difference on my car as these cars spend so much time in them!
I wasn't clear I know, but if I put B8s on the back I would be upgrading the struts to match (despite them being fairly new.) I am just going to stick with the B4 shocks for now to match what I have. Less work and cheaper and more ideal for my needs.

Yeah my rear bump stops are trashed so they'll be getting replaced.
Not a bad choice at all. The car will still be transformed by the B4s. You'll wonder how BMW could put such crappy shocks on the rear after a couple of miles with the Bilsteins.

Post up your thoughts after the install.
Appreciate 0