E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > dme ecu

10-18-2020, 02:07 PM   #1
Ekmir
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 e90 325i, 04 VW Golf GL

dme ecu

I have my 2006 e90 325i in the shop right now, reason being is the traction control light on and no cruise control. Tech guy said that the DME is seeing an automatic transmission, it was built from South Africa as a manual six speed. Checked with the VIN number and it is a manual six speed!

History: my son bought it not running two years ago, someone messed up the engine trying to repair it. We installed a LQK used engine from a 330xi, had to switch oil pans, nothing to freak out the DME. I have been driving it like this about nine months now and decided winter is coming and traction control may be helpful. Don't know if someone did the switch of the DME cloning and it missed this. Tech guy is checking with someone, said I may have to just put up with it like it is.

Any thoughts from you programmers coders?
Appreciate 0