E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Ecs carbon fiber spoiler and adhesive

09-16-2018, 05:27 PM   #1
Herakles
Captain
Rep
Drives: United States

So got the ecs CF rear spoiler- on the site says recommend ES#244323 adhesive- which I ordered -
There is not enough adhesive to make that second row under the spoiler - the spoiler cane with a thinner adhesive that I'm wondering if I should use but thinking since not same thickness might impact the fit -

Pretty annoying if they know it's not enough to cover two rows of adhesive they should say that - now I have to wait or try to use the thin roll?

I like the fit and finish so far some small imperfections between the right and left side of the spoiler- where the spoiler makes a edge to butt against the trunk lid what I noticed do far
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 06:06 PM   #2
Herakles
Captain
Rep

Emailed them:

Just some recommendation- I originally ordered this with my CF rear spoiler as the recommendation on th CF order page-

The CF spoiler comes with plenty of adhesive to install the spoiler- it's thinner in width and height than this heavier duty part ecs recommends -

When I tried installing the spoiler there is not enough of the heavier duty adhesive to get two rows of adhesives on the spoiler and I had to stop installation and wait for yet another order of this- almost $40 of this adhesive -

You should sell enough of this adhesive to install the spoiler - if I had known I would of used the adhesive it came with- I can't supplement with the adhesive it came with as it's notnsame height (thinner) and might not evenly attach the spoiler -
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 11:32 PM   #3
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

I am running the same spoiler with only the recommended adhesive strip. After 2+ years of autobahn I have had no issues (not slow miles either). As for fit and finish, mine came with 2 tiny scratches on the right side. Other than that, nothing else.
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 07:39 AM   #4
Herakles
Captain
Rep

Hi David
So you only used thst thin roll that came with the ecs spoiler ?i agree overall look good /
Appreciate 0