E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Driver side seat belt wet. Common fault?

10-12-2015, 01:57 AM   #1
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Driver side seat belt wet. Common fault?

For the past couple of weeks it has been raining on some days and other mornings... there is a lot of moisture on the car... as I extend the seat belt.. the buckle itself and about a foot in is dry... but after that the seat belt is wet... not dripping wet but wet enough to leave moisture on your hands and feel damp to touch.

I am guessing rear window seal right?
Is it a common problem?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 09:58 AM   #2
Squark
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

I would guess clogged sunroof drains. You can test them by opening the sunroof and slowly pouring water into the tracks along the sides. The water should drain out under your car.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 12:58 AM   #3
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

I brought some UV dye for testing leaks around windows and rubber seals. When it arrives I will test it out by spraying the sunroof and see where it goes. Come to think of it the sunroof theory makes sense as after I wash my car and it has not been raining over night or anything... in the morning the belt is damp (like it was wet and drying over night).

Thanks
Appreciate 0