Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Can TPMS detect overinflation?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-28-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
Richardo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i AT sport

Question Can TPMS detect overinflation?

Does anyone know if the TPMS in the new 335i's detect overinflation conditions in the run flat tires? I live in Texas, and in the hot summer sun, low profile tires can heat up considerably when driving on the highway. My 2001 Corvette had this problem, and it warned me a couple of times when the tire air pressure had increased to 50 psi. I'm hoping my new July 2007 335i will be able to detect similar problems. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 10:29 PM   #2
poiney
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe

I've heard the sensitivity is ~ >10 psi. Some folks have commented that it only reads negatively, but I expect that the sensor only reads differential pressure (i.e., can't detect which direction).

Anyway, the experiment is easy.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 10:45 PM   #3
poiney
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe

BTW, I'm referring to the "old" 07s like mine built in 06, so disregard.
Appreciate 0