E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 3100 code after charge pipe popped off

08-16-2019, 01:22 PM   #1
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

3100 code after charge pipe popped off

Hey guys, was wondering if you could help out with 3100 boost-pressure control, deactivation code I am getting now. So what happened was I was driving home from work and went to pass someone and heard a pop, it was my charge pipe coming popping off the throttle body, and also tmap plug disconnecting from sensor(clip is broke that latches it).

So I pull up the codes and get
2ABC - boost pressure sensor(tmap)
2F08 - air temp sensor(tmap)
3100 - boost deactivation

Now I had this same thing happen to me about 2 weeks ago on my trip to socal(EXACT same issue and codes), pulled into gas station, saw charge pipe was off and tmap unplugged, so I hooked up the charge pipe and tmap and cleared codes and all was good again, full boost and no codes.

So this morning I go out to my car and connect the charge pipe back to the throttle body and plug the tmap back in. I then clear the codes but for some reason the 3100 code will not clear. I have no other codes showing(besides shadow o2 DP codes) so I have no idea what the problem is? The Tmap codes have both went away but the 3100 is still there, and I have no idea what the issue could be as it was my chargepipe that cause this, yet I fixed the issue. Any help on what else I should be looking at or another way to diagnose this code, since it is the only one showing up?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 01:50 PM   #2
turbohugh
ASCMA General
Rep
Drives: E90-N54 <>E36 328Vert

If it's a factory charge pipe it could have ruptured . Get an ARM or VSRF (sp) replacement. I'd also get rid of those fragile diverter valves.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 02:40 PM   #3
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbohugh View Post
If it's a factory charge pipe it could have ruptured . Get an ARM or VSRF (sp) replacement. I'd also get rid of those fragile diverter valves.
Thanks and yes I know this, that is not the issue though.

I just have a code 3100, which means the DME is opening the waste gates to not allow the turbos spool. The thing is there is no other codes accompanying this 3100, which from what I read/know there should be. When I clear the code with only the ignition on, it immediately pops back up, so something is up. I'm going to try to flash to map 0 at lunch and see if that changes anything.

I won't be able to actually pull stuff apart until tonight/tomorrow morning but everything I checked really quick before work(vacuum lines, charge pipe) looked/felt fine.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 06:26 PM   #4
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Problem finally sorted itself out on the drive during my lunch break. Started the car(started a little rough like this morning) and pulled the same 3100 code. Before pulling out of the parking lot I cleared the codes and it popped back up. As I pulled out I had to get on it a tiny bit as traffic was coming quick and BAM, boost was present again. Cleared the codes again at the light and the code went away and all is well again.
Appreciate 0