Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 318i recommended tyre spec

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-23-2019, 04:49 PM   #1
samsudden
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i

318i recommended tyre spec

Hello,

I am struggling to figure out the right tyres to go with for my 2011 318i saloon (Exclusive Edition), and it doesn’t help that I don’t seem to have the Supplementary Manual for the 318i, which I believe would have the recommendations.

I bought the car used, and they were then a combination of Goodyear and Continental runflats 225/45 17 V and W (front and rear). For further replacements, I went with similar sized tyres.

I started digging into what would be the best to go with now, since I need to replace all 4 tyres.

From the ‘tyre pressure info’ sticker (attached), which I am having trouble deciphering:

* It doesn’t look like 225/45 17 for all tyres is a valid combination
* The boxes on the top left and bottom right seem to specify only front and rear respectively. What would be the allowed spec for the other set of tyres for these?
* I assume that I will need to go with the 17” dia tyres, in which case the valid combinations seem to be:
* 225/45 R 17 91 V (front) and ?? (rear)
* ?? (front) and 255/40 R 17 94 V
* The box on the top right does not have a 17” dia tyre for the rear: will the 18” dia one specified fit the current rim? If yes, I guess I can pick any of the first four for the front wheels and the one specified for the rear.

Any advise / tips greatly appreciated! Bonus for me if anyone knows how I can get a replacement supplementary manual :-)

Thanks!

Sam
Attached Images

Appreciate 0