E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 22 inch widescreen TFT

08-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #45
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
I'm surprised you didn't like Toca 3 - did you try it with a wheel using the pro-simulation settings?

I guess you were also playing the x-box version not the PC one.

The only problem with it now is that it's a little outdated and the graphics are not so good as the newer games. The physics are superb though.

Critically the game was also very well received:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/t...r3/review.html

Obviously the championship modes are not realistic since they cover a huge spectrum of driving styles. Some of these were less succesful (e.g. monster trucks and oval racing) but some are great fun, caterhams, GT lights, formula ford, V6 Clios, F1.

I think my favourite part was the 1960's f1 cars. That and the palmersport sensation (I am on the codemasters leader board for most of the bedford autodrome tracks )

It's also got a fair few decent tracks, but unfortunately not the nordschleiffe.

I have heard that Forza is good, but it's not for PC and I'm not buying an xbox.
I was brought up heavily in/around motorsport circles, my father is a big enthusiast and i grew up wanting to be a racing driver

the companies my father worked for enabled us to go to many many grand prix and many GT and BTCC races when i was younger..

Then i started racing at 13 in karting and moving onto a proffesional level at 14!

me at kimbolton, sometime in 2001 (my last season)

obviously ''daddy'' paid for it all, had several karts and engines etc, but that was nothing compared to some guys we were racing against who had motorhomes bigger than the average UK house

my father hints we spent approx 10k a year for 4 years. Im guessing it was lot higher as he says 10k in front of me old girl

used to see that lewis geeza walking around etc, and know the ''real story'' behind him also...

anyhow had lots of fun won lots of races etc got loads trophies but when i turned 18, it was case of college was had to be more important and also if we were to contine i was going to have to contribute, but i had a car and only worked part time so it was out of the question

still got all the gear tho

well what im getting at regarding toca race driver 3 is, it really aint realistic enough compared to other racing games... for the PC geoff crammonds GP4 is so much better, i would rather TRD3 had left out some classes just to get a ''Whole season'' of a few classes in there!!

where is bedford autodrome on there then mate??

i mean the racing on TRD3 is not good and you touch wheels nothings happens. which we all know aint true, you sorta go ''airborne''

i did it enough timesin karting to know

Carlos
      08-23-2007, 10:46 AM   #46
Bavarian_Fever
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
ANY install pictures of screens ?

I would love to see some install pics
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 11:15 AM   #47
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 g05

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post

Carlos
For a moment there I seriously thought you asked where is bedford autodrome. I think its north of east angular.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 02:50 PM   #48
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty View Post
Are you Lewis Hamilton?
I have vowed never to reveal my secret identity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
well what im getting at regarding toca race driver 3 is, it really aint realistic enough compared to other racing games... for the PC geoff crammonds GP4 is so much better, i would rather TRD3 had left out some classes just to get a ''Whole season'' of a few classes in there!!

i mean the racing on TRD3 is not good and you touch wheels nothings happens. which we all know aint true, you sorta go ''airborne''

i did it enough timesin karting to know

Carlos
Fandango .. your post reveals to me that you haven't played Toca enough to get to grips with it, or you just used arcade more, or the xbox one is very different to PC.

If you touch wheels with the AI cars on Toca you are going to be lucky to stay on the track. If you have damage switched on and the gravel traps etc, you are going to be in trouble.

Plus you get penalised for any reckless contact and will probably get a pit penalty.

None of the games are perfect, but I think you are wrong to dismiss Toca.

It helped me find the racing line for my second visit to Bedford ... which is under the palmer motorsport sensation event in the game.
Appreciate 0