E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Normal codes for automatic ECU in manual car?

01-17-2021, 11:39 AM   #1
Recoiletiquette
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I

Normal codes for automatic ECU in manual car?

So I got a use ECU off ebay and didint notice I accidentally bought one for a automatic and my car is a manual I took it to a indy shop and had it coded everything seems fine for the most part but now I have a permanent check engine light for these codes. I don't have cruise control anymore but I just assumed that because the ECU is for a automatic. The car kinda seems slower to me even with a stage 2+ on it. So are these codes anything to worry about? And is it OK to be running a ecu made for an automatic in a manual
- DME active codes -
CD99 - Message (torque request, EGS, 0xB5) faulty, receiver DME, transmitter EGS / HIM / SMG / DKG.
CD9D - Message (transmission data, 0xBA) faulty, receiver DME, transmitter EGS/HIM/SMG/DKG.
CD9E - Message (transmission data 2, 0x1A2) faulty, receiver DME, transmitter EGS/SMG/DKG.
CDB0 - Message error (display, transmission data, 0x1D2), DME receiver, ETC / HIM / SMG / DKG transmitter.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 12:21 PM   #2
robbiesan
Rep
Drives: 335i

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem.

Did you get sours solved?

I have read that we might be able to code a new VO into it and it shoud dissapear. But I don't have the tools to do it.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 12:34 PM   #3
Recoiletiquette
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I

Unfortunately no I have not solved the problem. Someone else did mention that I could change the coding in the ecu to make it for a manual but that makes me a bit nervous lol. I'm not to tech savvy. But as for now I'm just running the car as is. If I ever do figure something out I will update the post. but as of now my next move is to use my old ecu because I opened the original one and found a bad mosfet, so I was going to put some new ones in and give that a go first because for me it would be the easiest and cheapest place to start.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 12:35 PM   #4
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

This means ECU isn’t coded properly. Go talk to your mechanic and have them do it correctly. Or have someone do it remotely.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 10:36 AM   #5
robbiesan
Rep
Drives: 335i

Thank you very much for updating your post and thanks feuer for the update

I have had my car over 10 months parked in my garage due to the water damaged DME and installation.

feuer: do you know or can recommend somebody who can do it remotely? 'm located in EU :S
Appreciate 0