E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Problems brake bleeding using INPA on xDrive

06-10-2020, 08:09 PM   #23
eljay
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M + E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by juld0zer View Post
Use a charger while doing the DSC bleed as it takes a while (20-30 mins depending on your pace and how you have your car set up. For max speed have the wheels off and car on stands). When you connect to ISTA, always select identification WITHOUT test/scan to minimise the FRM risk.

Did you use something to hold the brake pedal down during the caliper swap so that no fluid drips out?
OK, here I am trying again and failing again.
Any idea why I cannot get to the bleeding process screen in ISTA like I did above?
See the second last screenshot. I only get the instructions, but not the screen I got earlier where it is split with instructions on the right and the test on the left with "Next" button on the bottom.
All I have is "Close", which takes me back to the last screenshot and now the DSC bleed shows as performed. WTF?
I am a patient man, but this is really wearing me down.
Please help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 08:28 PM   #24
eljay
Colonel
Rep

I should add that the only thing I did differently in ISTA is that I did not select Identification with vehicle test per advice above to avoid FRM issues.

Is that the difference of why the test procedure is not coming up?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 06:16 AM   #25
eljay
Colonel
Rep

Managed to get the bleeding done.
Test drive today! Let's hope it was worth it.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 06:38 AM   #26
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

Sorry for the late reply. ABLs should still be accessible without the quick test. That is how I do battery registrations.
There is no T15/T30 status in the top right hand corner which usually means the ICOM or interface has lost connection.

How did you get it working in the end?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 01:30 PM   #27
eljay
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by juld0zer View Post
Sorry for the late reply. ABLs should still be accessible without the quick test. That is how I do battery registrations.
There is no T15/T30 status in the top right hand corner which usually means the ICOM or interface has lost connection.

How did you get it working in the end?
Thanks.
I ended up running vehicle with full test and was able to run the routine then.
I took screenshots along the way, so I can make a dummies guide for others who will run across this issue.
In all my screenshots KL15/30 status is blank. Weird. I always check ignition on with INPA, so I knew I was OK there.

The most important thing: brake pedal feel is baaack! Yay!
Now, I can really enjoy the upgrade.

Thanks for all the pointers and help folks!

Also, the bleeding only flushed out about 400ml of fluid. If I had a helper, even less would flow out.

A detailed DIY is coming.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2023, 12:39 PM   #28
spacey_n54
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i xDrive

Reviving this thread after awhile, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction!

After following this thread, I am assuming that using INPA to bleed brakes on an XDrive E90 might not work properly? 70+ pedal presses per corner seems like quite a lot.

I recently set up ISTA and am trying to get to the brake bleeding ABL, but the ABL procedure doesn't even display on ISTA for me. I'm hesitant to run a full vehicle test as I've read in here and other places that this can brick the FRM.

When I try to pull vehicle info without the full test, and go to Vehicle Management > Service Functions > Chassis and Suspension > Traction Control System > Brake Bleeding Routine, the only option there is the FUB info, there is no ABL procedure to start the actual bleed.

Is the brake bleeding ABL missing from my options in ISTA because I haven't performed a full vehicle test? Or do I just have a faulty download of ISTA?

Appreciate 0