E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > ***Headlight Upgrade***

12-14-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
m3lowrider
Private
Rep
Drives: e46 m3

***Headlight Upgrade***

Haven't been on here for a while but im inquiring for a friend of mine. He has a 2010 e90 328i without xenons. He had a couple of things he wanted to do but I wasnt really sure where to begin with the alterations. Would really appreciate the advise and help on how to go about doing these modifications:

1. Keep the angel eyes on when turing the DRLs off. I achieved this by turning off the DRLs from the settings but in doing so, the angels also turn off. They only turn on when placing the headlight nodule in the parking lights setting.

2. Change the color of the angel eyes to a 6k temp. Saw LUX bulbs but wasnt familiar with whats a reliable and reputable bulb type.

3. Swap the headlight low beams for 6k hids. Was wondering how the HID kits would look without proper housing or projectors.

4. I had a HID kit for H7 application on my e46 M3 but never installed them because of the v-csl bumper. Was wondering if they would fit properly on the e90.

Thank you
      12-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
1) I'm pretty sure you can have the angel eyes coded to operate as drls on the lci models.

2) Lux is the best plug and play. OSS is the best full ring, led replacement.

3) Don't retrofit an hid kit in a halogen housing. A, you won't get nearly the amount of output you would if you were to use projectors. B, you'll blind other drivers. C, it will loo cheap.

4) I believe the lci halogens use an h-8 bulb for the angel eyes. Not sure what the difference between h-7 and h-8 is but look at the thread in the cosmetic section on the $40 hid angel eyes.
Appreciate 0