E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > INPA Won't Communicate w/ Car

07-05-2019, 06:58 PM   #1
xjackhunter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

INPA Won't Communicate w/ Car

Hello,
I have a 2008 e93 335i and I replaced all 6 fuel injectors with brand new index 12's today. I installed INPA on my laptop through a guide on the forums and never got it working. I have read a ton of threads and I still cannot get it to work, no matter what I change. At one point, the application showed ignition and battery on while it was plugged into the usb of my laptop even though the car was fully off. I have gotten numerous different errors during this process and have attached pictures of them below. Someone please help me, I need to drive my car tomorrow but at this rate, I won't be driving until next month.
Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 02:46 AM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

The 18 error is typical when you have 2 programs trying to use an ediabas connection. Close everything apart from INPA.

If you still have problems, uninstall everything and download the package from the Bimmer Geeks website. It's very easy to install and works perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 10:34 AM   #3
xjackhunter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
The 18 error is typical when you have 2 programs trying to use an ediabas connection. Close everything apart from INPA.

If you still have problems, uninstall everything and download the package from the Bimmer Geeks website. It's very easy to install and works perfectly.
That's what I ended up doing. The standard tools worked perfectly. Long night but at least I'm driving today.😂
Appreciate 0