E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews

01-28-2010, 05:38 PM   #243
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_bee View Post
Hmmm.... call me suspicious... but

plus 1...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 01:18 AM   #244
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackboy View Post
Hi, i did a search of big motoring world on google as was thinking of buying a car there. I will still visit them and report back here how i get on but certainly has put me on my guard so thanks in advance. Don't think would buy from them now which is a shame as they are few minutes down the road from me but least i[ve found out beforehand. Wanna read more about it all but the pistonhead's thread seems to say no longer exists...

Here you go mate......

http://www.pistonheads.com/xforums/t...%29&mid=176680

Its all about Big Motoring world of Kent being a bit on the poor side.
      01-29-2010, 05:02 AM   #245
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

PH Topic has been removed. Big Motoring World, who allegedly provide a poor customer experience, have evidently spent some of their allegedly ill-gotten gains on a lawyer.
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 11:13 AM   #246
Huds
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 320d m sport

This thread is really worth a read. If you're a noob like me and wonder if it's worth the time, please don't think, just read. (Don't try and drink coffee at the same time... goes over keyboard.)

And it keeps getting better...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #247
Geoffo
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Something else..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
I'm up for a meet in front of BIG MOTORING WORLD premises....
This meet I wouldn't miss...
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 04:34 AM   #248
flyfs6
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

Smile

Looks like I have someone on another forum has been saved from going down to Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4.

http://www.x5drivers.co.uk/viewtopic...dabd3e06350799
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 01:26 PM   #249
jackboy
Registered
Rep
Drives: Ford

Went down on saturday with my brother. It seems that what people were saying about them not actually having the cars that are advertised on their website down there is spot on. In fact less than half the number they'd advertised were there and all the good low milage cheap ones that are obviously designed to lure you in were of course absent. Luckily for me it's only 10 mins down the road but i wouldn't have fancied a long round trip. I have no idea about the quality of the cars but the salesman didn't seem that knowledgeable and the fact that there is def some misdirection going on put me off. Think will try and find a decent private one. Good thread tho
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2010, 08:56 AM   #250
philreid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 325i M Sport

I had been considering travelling from Glasgow to Big Motoring World if the price had been right.

Their website does say that they have hundreds of cars on site, but if you do a Google Maps satellite view, there can be nowhere near that figure unless they have expanded significantly since the photograph was taken.

Anyway, after this (hysterically funny) thread I'm glad I didn't and chose to buy from a main dealer instead!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 06:23 AM   #251
Pardeep
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4m & E92 330D

This has been a great read! I too very nearly went down there, but luckily called before to see if there car was there and at that price. Surpringly, it wasnt! Def up for that meet outside!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #252
Cisco
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Exclamation "Big Motoring World Group, WARNING

"Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4", where you can "pick up used BMW X5 Series at Big Motoring World Kent as well as used BMW 1 Series at Big Motoring World Kent".

Everyone says " how can they sell cars like this to people who may have families and children that unsuspectingly travel in the car.... its criminal". But the finance company and the legal people say its true but the law is not yet there to protect people from this kind of irresponsible profitering without regard for human safety.

I am presently pursuing these people through the legal system for selling a BMW in a very dangerous and un-roadworthy condition. The car was sold as having a full service history but had non-BMW parts fitted. The M.OT was given to the vehicle by Big Motoring world.The Big Ticket and no way would it have passed due to the serious brake,suspension and tyre problems.

Luckily I am married to a solicitor who works for a top 3 legal firm in the city who happens to have many other legally qualified friends helping otherwise me as Joe public would have been steam rollered by both these clowns and the finance company.:

I will update this board when the verdict is made.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #253
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
I just checked their website! they got a video with a sexy milf in it!!!....
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #254
Shoegazer
Gazed and confused
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i SE Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
I just checked their website! they got a video with a sexy milf in it!!!....
Perhaps that's Gemma Everest from Big Motoring World selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4.
She likes to buy cars from them because of their fantasic poor customer service record.

the video must be on their website http://www.bigmotoringworld.co.uk/ Authorised new and used BMWs, for sale in West Malling, Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4. shady back street rip-off dealers (allegedly)

Last edited by Shoegazer; 02-05-2010 at 11:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 11:49 PM   #255
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
I now see this thread is directly below their entries in Google, at No3!!

Well done guys!
      02-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #256
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
I now see this thread is directly below their entries in Google, at No3!!

Well done guys!
ohhhh.. is that why everyone was doing the "Big Motoring World selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4" bollocks

nice.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 11:49 AM   #257
Geoffo
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Something else..

Great video they have now...That's It ..I'm convinced !!! ( not to go back )...
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 06:08 PM   #258
Cisco
Rep

Talking Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent

Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4", where you can "pick up used BMW X5 Series at Big Motoring World Kent as well as used BMW 1 Series at Big Motoring World Kent

OMG!! Just watched the video and Bob Ruprah the workshop manager is the same bloke who told me "an automatic does not need the handbrake to work as it has a park function"

The owner is called Peter Waddel (Not seen in the vid). When you pick up your car you get the keys and docs from the fat bloke (seen handing over the keys in the vid.)

When you phone them about problems they direct you to Bob and he will try to fob you off something chronic - I am surprised he was not interviewed from an hospital bed... oh well one can live in hope.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 06:26 PM   #259
Cisco
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
A doctor that I would avoid at all costs!!
A car dealership that I would avoid at all cost too!!

Quote:
" A customer bought one month ago a used 730d from Big Motoring World. They also sold him a two year warranty, underwritten by Warranty 2000, that cost £1000.

His car has gone into a workshop for a remap, and whilst there the customer is complaining of a gearbox fault that might necessitate a replacement gearbox. Not a problem you'd think given that he's paid £1000 for a two-year warranty, sold generously by the con artists at Big Motoring World

So imagine his shock when reading the small print, that the warranty only kicks into effect 3 months after the purchase - the car isn't covered under warranty during the first three months post sale !!!!!!!!

Further more, there is an excess of £100 on the warranty, which is fair enough I suppose. The funniest bit though is that the maximum amount claimable under warranty, per each and every claim, is £1000 !!!!!!! So therefore, the customer has paid £1000 for a warranty in which only £900 is recoverable...

PLUS - the warranty does NOT apply to wear & tear items, and the burden of proof to show that a warranty claim is NOT the subject of wear & tear lies with the customer!!
BE AWARE THIS LOT ALSO TOLD ME THAT " AN MOT IS ONLY GOOD FOR THE TIME THAT THE CAR IS ON THE RAMP - AS SOON AS IT IS OFF THE RAMP IT CAN FAIL " I later contacted the previous owner who claimed the defects were on the car when he part exchanged it with them for a newer BMW - They had MOT`d a defective and dangerous car.

Last edited by Cisco; 02-11-2010 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: Addition of post found earlier up the chain.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2010, 02:28 AM   #260
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
BE AWARE THIS LOT ALSO TOLD ME THAT " AN MOT IS ONLY GOOD FOR THE TIME THAT THE CAR IS ON THE RAMP - AS SOON AS IT IS OFF THE RAMP IT CAN FAIL " I later contacted the previous owner who claimed the defects were on the car when he part exchanged it with them for a newer BMW - They had MOT`d a defective and dangerous car.
an mot is also for checking that nothing is going to fail by the time the next mot rolls around.. so thats utter bulllllshiiiit
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #261
Cisco
Rep

In July 2010 it will be 3 years since I bought the car from Big Motoring world and in August it will be 3 years since I complained to Black Horse finance. They (Blackhorse) have been so biased towards the dealership it has been soul destroying.

But now I have seen this forum I have to say you guys deserve a great deal of credit for your integrity and keeping this thread open for others.

You even have me considering getting into an E90 so I can come on meets.

BGM - Yes mate I know that an MOT is not just for the time the vehicle is on the ramp the but when I contacted the VOSA/MOT head office they also offered no help at all even when I gave them the official BMW report highlighting serious defects.

You are on your own when things like this happen and organisations that you think are there to protect you are not interested until your lawyer begins making the right noises.

Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4
Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4
Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand TUT!!

Last edited by Cisco; 02-15-2010 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: advice for others added.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #262
Captain Chaos
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: cars n stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM View Post
an mot is also for checking that nothing is going to fail by the time the next mot rolls around.. so thats utter bulllllshiiiit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
BGM - Yes mate I know that an MOT is not just for the time the vehicle is on the ramp the but when I contacted the VOSA/MOT head office they also offered no help at all even when I gave them the official BMW report highlighting serious defects.

(included as it seemed a shame to not quote it...:
Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4
Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4
Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand TUT!!)
Actually, sorry to disappoint, but you're both completely wrong. An MoT test is an annual check to ensure that a vehicle is roadworthy, and it's a snapshot of the vehicle's condition at that time. Sure, there's elements that are classed as dangerous as they will cause it to be unroadworthy (like a dead ball joint, for example) but they're no guarantee of anything post-test and the DoT will tell you exactly the same.

That said, in your case Cisco, a letter from the previous owner coupled with a dealer's assessment of your car should be black and white - the fact that you've had no support for compensation is utterly pony.

Perhaps it's indicative that "Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4", where you can "pick up used BMW X5 Series at Big Motoring World Kent as well as used BMW 1 Series at Big Motoring World Kent" and their low-life staff occupy the same link of the food chain as lawyers and ambulance chasers. (In fact it sounds like there's a nice little self-sufficient group right there...)
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 09:57 AM   #263
MLAM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 325i Sport Saloon

Hi guys,

I'm new here so its my first post, I've just clocked this thread from over on BMW Land and I have to say this is so funny and the idea for a meet there is class!

I currently don't own a E90 but I do own a E46 which I DIDN'T BUY from

This looks like a nice forum to be around and I'll be sure to come here when I get my E90
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 04:08 PM   #264
Cisco
Rep

If you have bought a vehicle off of these lot and find problems like I did be prepared to go to court before you get anywhere near getting a fair and proper review. The SOGA is something that is hard to comprehend even for the likes of the FOS (Ombudsman) who seem to lack any common sense (also noted in the times)

It is also a criminal offence to sell unroadworthy vehicles and rightly so in this day and age.

before getting to court the dealer, the finance company who are also liable will surprise everyone with their underhanded smoke and mirror campaigns.... Trust me on this.

Appreciate 0