E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Should I Sell? :(

06-16-2021, 02:19 PM   #1
bemersRfun
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 328i

Should I Sell? :(

Hey Bimmer Folks,

I'm moving from cali to boston in 2 weeks and I'm trying to determine should I sell my beemer.

It is a 328i 2011 with 65K miles on it. No problems, great condition inside and out. No mods, just cosmetic: Vinyl Blacked the Trim, Factory Black Grille, Tints.

Should I sell or bring it with me to Boston where the weather is, relatively, shit 5 months out of the year.

Any insights would be amazing!

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 02:27 PM   #2
Bonk!
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 235i m

It's really just shit here for three months, two more can be shit, but may not be. Some will say that it will be fine with snows, but I was not happy with my 328i with snows. My wife's Lexus with AWD was much better in bad conditions. If this is a permanent move and money is not an obstacle, I would vote to sell it there and get something AWD here. That being said, my m235i basically sits in the garage in the winter and my truck gets to play in the in the white stuff. Whereabouts you headed?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 04:17 PM   #3
bemersRfun
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonk! View Post
It's really just shit here for three months, two more can be shit, but may not be. Some will say that it will be fine with snows, but I was not happy with my 328i with snows. My wife's Lexus with AWD was much better in bad conditions. If this is a permanent move and money is not an obstacle, I would vote to sell it there and get something AWD here. That being said, my m235i basically sits in the garage in the winter and my truck gets to play in the in the white stuff. Whereabouts you headed?
Thanks for the feedback! Yes this is what I was worried about, the rear wheel drive in the snow. Albeit, I don’t necessarily have to drive in the winter, but it would be nice to have a car that can do it all. I’ll be moving to the Cambridge area, at least for the next 5years. (Also, nice summer ride you have!)
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 07:47 PM   #4
Bonk!
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 235i m

Don't know how much you know about Cambridge, but parking can be an absolute nightmare. Unless you have dedicated parking with your residence, you may want to get here then decide if you're better off without a car. Public transporttion is great and Uber is starting to pick up again now that 'surge pricing' (or whatever it's called) is being allowed. Send me a pm if/when you get here and I'll cook you a nice meal!

Wife and I are actually headed out to Santa Barbara tomorrow for vacation - that's where she's from.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 12:54 AM   #5
bemersRfun
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonk! View Post
Don't know how much you know about Cambridge, but parking can be an absolute nightmare. Unless you have dedicated parking with your residence, you may want to get here then decide if you're better off without a car. Public transporttion is great and Uber is starting to pick up again now that 'surge pricing' (or whatever it's called) is being allowed. Send me a pm if/when you get here and I'll cook you a nice meal!

Wife and I are actually headed out to Santa Barbara tomorrow for vacation - that's where she's from.
haha i saw parking is crazy! ill have a garage spot, so it makes the decision a little tougher.

I'll def send you a PM!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 01:01 PM   #6
zero2sixtyZ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 + f15

Garage List
If you can keep it parked for the winter or at least non snowy/salty days, I'd say keep it. Winter tires and the rust would ruin the car you like right now.
Appreciate 0