E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > swapped climate control need help coding

03-31-2024, 01:02 PM   #1
Macadacious
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i

swapped climate control need help coding

I swapped out the climate control for the updated version that has the "ALL" button instead of "REST". because I installed an android headunit that doesnt have heated seats built it and id like to keep that aswell as the "REST" button. Can someone please explain me to me how to code the "ALL" button to work as "REST" button please, Ive never used ncs expert or inpa, only used bimmercode for a few coding. Thanks so much
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 01:06 PM   #2
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

It's kind of complicated to explain. You should find videos on Youtube. I quickly searched and found this one. Skip the installation parts and it seems like a good video.

Appreciate 1
      03-31-2024, 01:30 PM   #3
Macadacious
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
It's kind of complicated to explain. You should find videos on Youtube. I quickly searched and found this one. Skip the installation parts and it seems like a good video.

Ive seen that video, I didnt know ncs required payment. Yes I searched but none really in detail how to use after installation, Im afraid I may do something and screw up the module or car lol
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 01:34 PM   #4
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macadacious View Post
Ive seen that video, I didnt know ncs required payment. Yes I searched but none really in detail how to use after installation, Im afraid I may do something and screw up the module or car lol
Huh what do you mean requires payment?

I'd say that video is perfect on how to use it. Shows you how to export the coding data from a module, open in NCX Dummy, change coding, save and shows how to re-upload the new coded data.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 02:00 PM   #5
Macadacious
Private
Rep

Quote:
Huh what do you mean requires payment?

I'd say that video is perfect on how to use it. Shows you how to export the coding data from a module, open in NCX Dummy, change coding, save and shows how to re-upload the new coded data.
Sorry I meant on the ncs website to download the software costs money I didnt know that lol. Yes Ill watch the video again and try to learn it. I just meant not many information out there with step by step for the coding I'm trying to do, I'm afraid of messing something up.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 02:38 PM   #6
Eoin92
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 330i n53

Honestly if you're not comfortable coding (I am comfortable but still struggling with things like this) protool by bimmergeeks is pretty easy to follow and they have a guide on their site to adapt NCS expert steps to their apps flow:

https://www.bimmergeeks.net/protool

They also supply free versions of the bmw standard tools on their site.
https://www.bimmergeeks.net/downloads

Their pricing is the most confusing part I bought coding only thinking that would do me but found that a bunch of features I needed to code were missing, like you can code the DSC module but then can't calibrate it (if anyone's got input here as to why that is please let me know)
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 02:48 PM   #7
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macadacious View Post
Sorry I meant on the ncs website to download the software costs money I didnt know that lol. Yes Ill watch the video again and try to learn it. I just meant not many information out there with step by step for the coding I'm trying to do, I'm afraid of messing something up.
I'm not sure which website you are using. I also thought you already had the software. But looking at the video I linked I'm able to download NCS Dummy for free and the rest of the tools is a dead link.

Yeah I know, you need to try it out yourself and you will get the hang of it. You can google popular coding options there's a thread with a PDF for popular options.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 02:31 AM   #8
StradaRedlands
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i MT

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.21]
2009 BMW 328i Touri ...  [7.90]
2013 BMW X5 35i  [7.63]
2011 BMW 528i  [8.75]
2006 Mazda3  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin92 View Post
You sure about that?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 11:51 AM   #9
Macadacious
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin92 View Post
Honestly if you're not comfortable coding (I am comfortable but still struggling with things like this) protool by bimmergeeks is pretty easy to follow and they have a guide on their site to adapt NCS expert steps to their apps flow:

https://www.bimmergeeks.net/protool

Their pricing is the most confusing part I bought coding only thinking that would do me but found that a bunch of features I needed to code were missing, like you can code the DSC module but then can't calibrate it (if anyone's got input here as to why that is please let me know)
I thought about that before and I agree it is confusing lol but I was able to code what I wanted for free with bimmercode so never bothered with protools lol. That standard tool on theirs site isnt working aswell. But I found a few links that worked from the video provided by narwhal
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 11:53 AM   #10
Macadacious
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure which website you are using. I also thought you already had the software. But looking at the video I linked I'm able to download NCS Dummy for free and the rest of the tools is a dead link.

Yeah I know, you need to try it out yourself and you will get the hang of it. You can google popular coding options there's a thread with a PDF for popular options.
I just googled ncs and it was the first one that came up it showed different prices and $15 for the ncs software lol maybe a scam site?

Either way I downloaded from the link you gave will give it a try when I have time. Noticed it has most E chassis but E90 wasn't in there. Have to do some searching.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 08:31 AM   #11
Eoin92
Ireland
Rep

E89 I think is what 3 series and 1 series are listed as. It's really annoying that they do that. You're in Inpa I'm guessing?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 08:34 AM   #12
Eoin92
Ireland
Rep

The link I shared are reputable, I think the 15 one is from somebody else who's selling other software Bundled with other stuff. (Think I found the same link before too)
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 08:37 AM   #13
Eoin92
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StradaRedlands View Post
You sure about that?
Argh they got it taken down, still has the download link but followed through and it's just a notice saying no longer available 😔
Appreciate 1