E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Wheels and tires for widebody xDrive

06-08-2020, 09:14 PM   #1
EfiniMotorsport
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi, Yukon Denali, 16 CRZ

Wheels and tires for widebody xDrive

Not sure if this should be in this forum or the wheel and tire section. I'm on the fence trying to figure out if i can widebody my e92 xdrive. I'm looking at the pandem kit but given the added width (not sure of exact measurements) I don't know if I can go wide enough with the wheels to fill the wells and still stay within 1% front and rear. And no I'm not getting rid of the AWD although I will be using Xdelete for those times I want to have some stupid fun. Does anyone have any experience with a setup like this or any recommendations on wheel tire size? I'd probably go with an 18" rim as I'm also bagging the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 09:35 AM   #2
z3Ro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335XI M-Sport

obviously each widebody is different but you can see what you might be working with or at least some where in the ballpark. heres hard motorsports widebody kit for a e90...

"The width of the flare will vary along the wheel arch. Our tests and measurements show approximately 50mm in added width at each wheel at the widest point. For example, we are running an 18x11 et0 with a bit of room to spare. The E90 shown, is currently running these wheels with 285/30 18 Dunlop Star Spec (per class rules). We have plenty of room for more tire."
Appreciate 0