E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > O2 Sensor Problem!

09-01-2018, 06:19 AM   #1
Welcro
Rep
Drives: E90

O2 Sensor Problem!

Hi everyone,

I have some problem with my O2 Sensor. First I got "2CA3 - heating lambda sensor of front cat (shearing stress) Bank2" error. So I buy a second hand O2 sensor (part no. 11787512985) and change it. The old fault code is gone but the new one comes up instead

The new error code is "2C46 - Lambda sensor of front cat bank2 P0150 O2 Sensor Circuit (Bank 2 Sensor 1)". Any suggestion for me? I think I changed the right one because the old fault code is gone but I don't know why this one is shows up (or I just changed the wrong one ) Is the new cable is short or something? anyway to check? Should I try to check the connection of the cable again? (but I'm quite sure that I tightened it up) Or I should try to buy a new second hand cable to see whether it works in case that I got a broken cable from the second hand shop? (a brand new one from the dealers in my country costs around $470 and I think that's not gonna be in my choice)

By the way, my car is E90 320i '05 with N46 engine. There is no warning light show in the speedometer from this problem. The car works fine. I found this problem when I read error memory using INPA. I just want to get rid of it, it makes me annoyed when I knew that there is an error code in my car and I don't want it to cause the engine light to shows up in the future.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 03:03 AM   #2
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

You bought a used O2 sensor? The codes are saying there is an issue with the Bank 2 pre-cat sensor probe. Bank 2 is the rear half of the cylinders, cyl. 4, 5, and 6. Either the original sensor had two fault codes and you found only one, or the new (used) different sensor has a different fault.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2018, 12:15 PM   #3
Welcro
Rep
Drives: E90

I got my problem solved by just unplug, clean the contact surface, and plug it in again. Pretty strange, I just try, didn't think that will work lol.

Thanks anyway!
Appreciate 0