E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > [SoCal][Culver City] Need a good Car detailer for cement removal from paint

10-13-2017, 06:00 AM   #1
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

[SoCal][Culver City] Need a good Car detailer for cement removal from paint

Okay so a friend of mine got cement on the side of his car recently because it was parked at his complex and the neighboring site was doing some major construction and they managed to let cement fly everywhere.

The cement is now set, he is concerned that as you try to wash it off or rub on the many tiny cement spots... it could scratch the paint. Since the car is a 2016 model year... my friend was upset since it is so new a vehicle... all he wants is to get the car back to normal but doesn't want to repaint the entire side of his car as a fix because factory/original paint is always better. I have seen a few youtube videos where they use water to soften the cement and try to gradually get the cement to "release" from the paint.

Areas impacted are:
1) front and rear of car
2) driver side of car
3) Top of car (roof).

Any guidance to reputable shops in/around Culver City who might be able to give a good estimate and who does decent work is what i am looking for. Not looking for a show room recondition of the paint, but i do care enough that the car should look good at a short distance away.

Last edited by fazman; 10-13-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2017, 03:34 PM   #2
Brandon818
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Bmw 335is coupe

Garage List
2012 BMW 335is  [0.00]
I'll pm you a video of a detailer who uses apple cider vinegar to get it off a Ferrari.

Worst case scenario if you cant find someone,file a claim through insurance.

Good luck op