E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Adam's NEW Strip Wash

08-24-2016, 08:04 PM   #1
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Adam's NEW Strip Wash

Have you guys seen this? Any thoughts?

I use Chemical Guys Clean Slate and think it works pretty well except that it doesn't foam that well in my opinion. Maybe Adam's is worth a try...

YouTube | INSTAGRAM | My New Website: Shifted-Perspective.com | DM for discounts on: LUX ANGEL EYES or BPM TUNES
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 02:17 PM   #2
djjsarai
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW///335i Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMB063 View Post

Have you guys seen this? Any thoughts?

I use Chemical Guys Clean Slate and think it works pretty well except that it doesn't foam that well in my opinion. Maybe Adam's is worth a try...
I use adams products regularly and I have never had a complaint so far. I am sure this new product will work well. I use there products on all 4 of my german cars and the others I have well. Their products have been tired and tested, by many and great reviews. If you have any questions for their products, you can ask me as I buy all of them.

P.S. I am not affiliated with Adams Polishes! Just a very happy customer who goes to their store 3+ times a week sometimes.
      08-25-2016, 03:12 PM   #3
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjsarai View Post
I use adams products regularly and I have never had a complaint so far. I am sure this new product will work well. I use there products on all 4 of my german cars and the others I have well. Their products have been tired and tested, by many and great reviews. If you have any questions for their products, you can ask me as I buy all of them.

P.S. I am not affiliated with Adams Polishes! Just a very happy customer who goes to their store 3+ times a week sometimes.
Well okay in that case I was wondering if you've done any comparing with their new rubber cleaner? I just got some and normally use Griot's, but feel that Griot's does a better job. Adam's just didn't seem any better and was more expensive. That's their only product I've been a little meh about.

YouTube | INSTAGRAM | My New Website: Shifted-Perspective.com | DM for discounts on: LUX ANGEL EYES or BPM TUNES
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 06:11 PM   #4
djjsarai
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well okay in that case I was wondering if you've done any comparing with their new rubber cleaner? I just got some and normally use Griot's, but feel that Griot's does a better job. Adam's just didn't seem any better and was more expensive. That's their only product I've been a little meh about.
I have and found it too good use on getting the really grimy stuff off tires. As a regular car rubber, it doesn't do much difference until you use the V.R.T, only after I have found a better outcome.
      08-28-2016, 07:32 AM   #5
Mudd46738
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Using this would I need a dedicated canon and wash MIT/bucket? Previously I had a separate bucket for the dish soap.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 12:06 PM   #6
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudd46738 View Post
Using this would I need a dedicated canon and wash MIT/bucket? Previously I had a separate bucket for the dish soap.
What do you mean by dedicated canon? Just use whatever you normally use to foam the car. I use a separate mitt for when I prep the car, but that's only because I have a few of them. Not sure why you'd need a separate bucket. Just rinse it out when you're done and then use it normally after you're finished.

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 09:38 PM   #7
djjsarai
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudd46738 View Post
I use the two bucket methond, one to rinse with grit guard the pad/mitt and one to soak. Otherwise I was as normal.

If you have a foam cannon, then you just need one bucket.
      08-30-2016, 08:05 AM   #8
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I use the two bucket methond, one to rinse with grit guard the pad/mitt and one to soak. Otherwise I was as normal.

^ Well that's debatable...I foam the car and then use the two bucket method!

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 09:50 AM   #9
djjsarai
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMB063
Quote:

^ Well that's debatable...I foam the car and then use the two bucket method!
True it is up to the washer on how they approach it. Personally I don't use the two bucket method with the foam cannon because I save time.
      08-30-2016, 07:39 PM   #10
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
True it is up to the washer on how they approach it. Personally I don't use the two bucket method with the foam cannon because I save time.
...wait how much more time does it take with 2 buckets vs 1? It just seems like it's the same amount of time and 2 buckets is one of the basic ways to prevent scratches.

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 07:41 PM   #11
djjsarai
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
...wait how much more time does it take with 2 buckets vs 1? It just seems like it's the same amount of time and 2 buckets is one of the basic ways to prevent scratches.
I mean setup time. If I'm washing a car two bucket then I am taking more than 30 minutes.

Right now I am doing 5 minute washes.