E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Need some opinions on my 35d *link inside*

08-08-2018, 04:25 PM   #1
complexCarlo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 35d

Exclamation Need some opinions on my 35d *link inside*

https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1523721

Recently had a disaster of an buying experience with AutoNation and would like your guys feedback.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 02:11 PM   #2
Captain Buumer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325D

Hmm we recently also bought used car from dealership. It had chain issues and it would cost 1200€ to replace (problem revealed itself 3 weeks after purchase)

We had some reasonable arguments face to face with the person we bought it from at the dealership since it was sold as "fully working". In the end dealer fixed it and only asked 200€. (forget phone calls - they are useless and just create more problems. Most of time talk with 3rd person who has no idea about the situation and possibly doesn't really care since he/she has nothing to loose, unlike the salesperson.)

In this case it's obvious the mouse did do some damage before purchase however it seems it was not discovered during the purchase but after this process.

This makes it more complicated.

I didn't quite understand how the mouse damaged EGR? As i read it only ate some foam?

Also it's interesting to know if CEL appeared first time when driving home or the fault was "shadow code" - not serious enough to be registered by ECU and throw CEL.

This can be read by slightly more advanced diagnostics and proven if they actually sold you a car with fault.

Last edited by Captain Buumer; 08-14-2018 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 02:15 AM   #3
complexCarlo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 35d

Yea no the mouse probably had nothing to do with the EGR. That is a problem all on its own. The mouse was just a careless oversight by the dealership before being sold to a customer.
Appreciate 0