E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Photo Comparison: E92 LCI vs Mercedes C-Class Coupe

08-19-2011, 02:12 AM   #111
MiKc
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcacciola View Post
C = Wife
E92 = Husband
^ that
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #112
mikengo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChRR1000S View Post
With the amount of E92īs driving around in my area, it is very refreshing to see a fresh face in the mid-size Coupe family. I was testdriving the Benz, and overall I gotta say I am very impressed. The interior is just so much nicer, the seats are awesome and I was supprised how agile that Benz was. If you park a nice specīd Merc next to a E92 I would take the Benz over the E92 period. I am pretty curious what the F32 will look like.

(I played around with PS a bit, I am a noob bare with me )

I totally agree. I drove the E90 (same interior as the E92) for quite some time and I'm got bored with the retro BMW interior. Nothing much to look forward than it's conventional speedometer and the rest of the dials. The C Coupe caught my attention on a few interiors. Here goes...

1. The seats are shifted automatically to the front by lifting the lever with one finger. (Notice the E92 have to bang back and forth to get it mechanics clicked and press that forward-backward button).
2. The C Coupe speedometer is cool. It's no longer a long needle from the center point . It wraps around from the side, moves pretty smoothly.
3. LCD in the middle of the speedometer makes so much sense. E92 LCI is still digital matrix display with limited colors - oh gosh!
4. Handbrakes always get in the way on my BMW. Please don't tell me you guys use them for drifting. Have you ever done it? C Coupe places the brakes in a more sensible area. Smart thinking!
5. Why does BMW even bother to have Automatic Ventilation System (the button that has circle with an A in it). It doesn't freaking work fast enough to close the vent on time before the odor goes into the cabin. C Coupe never bothered making that function - good on you and save my money
6. C'mon BMW. Coupe seats no longer deal with head rests with two metal bar forks shove onto the top. It reminds me of my Dad's shaggy old Mitsubishi Galant - the first ever head rest was invented in that era.
7. The seat adjustment at the door really makes sense. Gone are the days I have to second guess how the motorized seat buttons works by touching them at the bottom seat.
8. Can anyone please explain why you need to pay an arm and a leg for an "active steering" feature in the BMW where the C Coupe comes as standard "parameter steering". It's the same shxt...for free!
9. Run flats on the BMW are really awesome but does anyone know what's the price to pay for changing out the tires? Geez I don't want to tell you guys but you'll find out in due course.
10. I once read somewhere in an article- Once you close a Mercedes door, you get a "thump!" sound, you know you are safe - The sound of confidence. BMW? Just another sporty look car with performance, I like it too. I slam the door...

Hence, I sold my bimmer and went a little older with that circle and the star branding. I'm still waiting for the C Coupe delivery. I'm just a noob too. Please excuse my personal opinion if I offend anyone.
      12-08-2011, 09:27 AM   #113
luis@ossdesigns
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

how about a front end compare but with a Msport front end? I think that would be a bit more fair...the MB has a rear diffuser and aggressive front bumper. might as well pick the 3 that matches
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #114
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

Wow now when I look at the C all I think of is the accord coupe
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #115
truth
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328

I have to say I do not like the lci at all, so it's hard for me to compare.
Further, the specs are not comparable, so it hard to look at the two side by side.
Msport would be better choice for exterior comparison.

2007 BMW 328 Sports & Premium Package - OEM Aero Lip - CSL Trunk
Appreciate 0