E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help! Creaking noise from front suspension

05-01-2019, 12:54 AM   #1
illbtm
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

Help! Creaking noise from front suspension

Hi guys,

My 2010 E90 320d is suffering from creaking noise from the front suspension.

This sound like a frictional noise between rubber and steel parts, and appears only after the car splashes through the puddle and disappears in a few days.

I replaced front suspension parts (forward & rearward tension struts, sway bar links & bushings, dampers, and damper mounts) but I couldn't solve the problem. (I didn't forget to pre-load the suspension when I tightened the bolts)

Anybody please give me advice to solve this problem!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 02:23 AM   #2
E92inAZ
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 coupe

I've been chasing creaking and banging problems for about a year now myself (2007 e92). I've done both sets of control arms and roll bar ends; last week I replaced the tie rod ends - inner and outer - and that helped quiet the creaking noises a lot but then it rained yesterday and most of the noises came right back. ( the noises are always worse in the cold ( cold here in AZ being a relative term for weather under 77 degrees F ) then quieted again as it warmed up )
I replaced the struts when I got the car about four years ago so I never considered anything having to do with the whole strut perch assembly but now I'm thinking I'll go back through those because I'm running out of components to replace so it stops banging over bumps in the road.
Nothing I've replaced has been obviously visibly bad, and even hand manipulating the tie rod ends didn't make any noise, but the overall noise was better after new parts were fitted.
You're not alone, it's hard to diagnose!
2007 E92 328i coupe. 19" staggered VMR v710, front: 19x8.5 et35 continental 235/35 19, rear: 19x9.5 et33 continental 265/30 19; 1 inch front lowering perches; Msport rear bumper; roof spoiler; trunk lip; Bavsound UF110; carbon fiber wrapped interior trim; 3 stage BMW intake manifold; aFe magnum force stage 2 si pro 5R cold air intake; active autowerkes catless header; active autowerkes gen 2 signature exhaust; BPC stage 2 header tune
Appreciate 0