E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Eurobox and N51

05-23-2014, 08:43 PM   #23
Clammy
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGmatthew View Post
Looks good! From the looks of your engine cover it looks like you might have an n51 engine which already comes with a 3 stage intake manifold.
It's an N52, single stage intake. I have the 3 stage IM here ready to go with DISAs. Just need some time to install it.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 12:13 PM   #24
Clammy
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6MT

So, the used air box I got, came with a MAF sensor installed. I figured it was the Euro one, so I swapped the one installed in my stock air box.

I figured that I could sell the Euro MAF sensor, so I ran the part number through realoem.com, and it came back as the North American part... I thought "Oh shit I mixed them up!" Yet, I had no codes after a good long run last night, so i was confused... I went outside, and checked the part number on the MAF sensor that's installed, and it's the SAME! So, the Euro air box I got with the stock MAF sensor for whatever car it came off is the same part. Now I have a spare in case my MAF sensor goes south. This makes the price I paid for the whole shebang even BETTER!

So, to anyone that sources a used Euro air box from Europe, if it comes with a MAF, check the part number. You may get a free spare, yourself.

Just FYI: I checked out the part number that ECS Tuning sells (13717552437), and there are 2 possibilities: 1. the MAF sensor with the same number as North American part, and 2. Temperature sensor for China/ Japan/ Low Compression/ leaded fuel, which is a different part number. So, if the ECS kit comes with a MAF sensor, it's one that should be usable on North American cars.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...=13&fg=20&hl=3 (part number 3)

Cheers!

Last edited by Clammy; 05-24-2014 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 0