E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Crazy

12-12-2007, 05:40 AM   #1
greatbm
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G15 840i Coupe

Crazy

I was recently contacted by my dealer to have my software updated on my March 2007 325 cab to prevent high pressure fuel pump failure, this I did and the car was at the dealers for a full day. Two days later I was contacted again this time they want to renew my high pressure pump ( the car is running fine by the way) I still haven't got round to getting the pump replaced as its another day at the dealers. Yesterday I was contacted and they now want to renew all six injectors ( the car is running fine). What a crazy way to go on, if I responded to each request the car would have been off the road on 3 occasions using my time getting it to the dealers and picking back up again even though the car is running with no problems. Anyone else had these recalls ? or high pressure pump replacement ? as I don't really want my engine pulled to bits when there is nothing wrong bar the potential for the pump to fail and go into limp home mode
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2007, 05:49 AM   #2
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-sport

Garage List
Yes these are known faults it would seem..

pretty sure at least one other cab has suffered so

Fingers crossed no probs at all with mine so far and mine's pushed right to the edge on the stock setup.

SJ
      12-12-2007, 05:58 AM   #3
greatbm
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serjames View Post
Yes these are known faults it would seem..

pretty sure at least one other cab has suffered so

Fingers crossed no probs at all with mine so far and mine's pushed right to the edge on the stock setup.

SJ
No problem with mine, yet the dealer is hell bent on changing things, car is running sweet as a nut and i am very pleased with the cab.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
I had the software updated last month whilst it was in for the clutch & flywheel replacement. Apparantly takes all day to download and update?? My fuel pump failed early on (less than 1k miles) so has already been replaced with the modded one. TBH you might as well arrange a loaner off them and let them do the mods. You can guarantee the pump will fail when you dont want it to (dark wet night or on the way to an important event, etc...)

Not heard anthing about the injector issue though? I still maintain that mine is hesitant at times so maybe it is for this issue?? It is going in tomorrow to have the front wheel refurbed as they curbed it last week whilst they had it to replace my jammed seat belt, so will ask them about the injector re-call.

When the pump fails it does not go into limp mode......it takes about 20-30 sec to crank over and the car displays the red symbol on the dash that warns not to drive the vehicle and contact BMW assist.

Paul
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2007, 04:57 PM   #5
greatbm
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
I had the software updated last month whilst it was in for the clutch & flywheel replacement. Apparantly takes all day to download and update?? My fuel pump failed early on (less than 1k miles) so has already been replaced with the modded one. TBH you might as well arrange a loaner off them and let them do the mods. You can guarantee the pump will fail when you dont want it to (dark wet night or on the way to an important event, etc...)

Not heard anthing about the injector issue though? I still maintain that mine is hesitant at times so maybe it is for this issue?? It is going in tomorrow to have the front wheel refurbed as they curbed it last week whilst they had it to replace my jammed seat belt, so will ask them about the injector re-call.

When the pump fails it does not go into limp mode......it takes about 20-30 sec to crank over and the car displays the red symbol on the dash that warns not to drive the vehicle and contact BMW assist.

Paul
Thanks for that, I have told them I will contact them in the new year to have the work done.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2007, 05:18 PM   #6
ShereKhan
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e M Sport MY20

Garage List
2020 BMW 330e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
Apparantly takes all day to download and update??
This is due to the way the software update takes place. It is well known for the system to crash during a download so the dealer will want it for the day just in case it crashes!

The 6's apparently had lots of issues. Some stealer's can be weary of doing an update (for example a iPod interface kit - the one in the glove box) so they overquote for installation.
Long gone -15 Peugeot 308 2.0HDi GT AUTO Magnetic Blue, 10 BMW F10 520D SE Xirallic Imperial blue/Cinnamon Brown, 06 E90 320si - Le Mans Blue - Totally standard specification (Scrapped RIP 12/08/2010), 00 Peugeot 306 2.0 SE Cabriolet, 94 Rover 214 SEi, 91 Fiat Uno 60S Mk2
Appreciate 0