E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Oil change

02-17-2006, 11:05 AM   #1
nyyankee
The Ultimate Posting Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325I

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Oil change

I know that there have been plenty of threads about changing the oil yourself, but I have a few questions.

-Is there anything to reset, when I change the oil?
-I'm at 7,500 miles (I now wish would have changed it earlier) will the car still tell me at 15,000 miles to change my oil again?
- If i do it correctly will I void my warranty?

Any other tips, would be appreciated...THANKS

DISCLAIMER: Poster makes no guarantee that the above expressed information is accurate, complete, current, funny, new, spelled correctly, or grammatically correct. The above-stated information is instead provided on an "AS IS" basis, and is subject to revision with or without notice.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2006, 11:13 AM   #2
younghov85
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 black 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyankee
I know that there have been plenty of threads about changing the oil yourself, but I have a few questions.

-Is there anything to reset, when I change the oil?
-I'm at 7,500 miles (I now wish would have changed it earlier) will the car still tell me at 15,000 miles to change my oil again?
- If i do it correctly will I void my warranty?

Any other tips, would be appreciated...THANKS
1. There is nothing to reset, just change it as any other car.
2. Yes the car will continue the countdown, but I think it may take longer to get to 0.
3. I doubt it will void your warranty, so many others have done it, because of the long amount of time b4 the first oil change. Also there sometimes are metal chips in the oil from the new engine.
Appreciate 0