E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Laguna Seca in July Anyone?

07-25-2009, 01:12 AM   #89
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_Apex View Post
Be sure to ask how much a tow out of the gravel will cost you.
Not the first time I'll be running with them

BTW, ask the folks at speedventures how much to take out a berm at laguna.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2009, 07:48 PM   #90
Hit_Apex
Riding the knock sensor
Rep
Drives: 21 X5MC | 23 M4CSL

Garage List
2021 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
Not the first time I'll be running with them

BTW, ask the folks at speedventures how much to take out a berm at laguna.
I'm not sure any organizition would foot the bill for track damage caused by a participant. Anyway, most don't know what they're paying for or not paying for in their registration fee. I actually prefer the NCRC alacarte system as I rarely leave the track and would rather not contribute to a towing pool that I never use. In the case of say, Trackmasters or Speedventures, they use their own pickup truck / strap / trailor so the premium is just extra revenue.

BTW, is your car a blown 328i?
      07-26-2009, 01:35 PM   #91
luc
Registered
Rep
Drives: 91 roush T/A

Towing cost

Hi:

I run NCRC with my partner Dave.

We do not charge for towing at any of the tracks, it's included in the entry fee.
There is only 1 exception and that is if you run out of gas on the track and need to be towed.

Towing cost money to the club ( between $500 to $700 per day depending of the track) but, more importantly it cost TIME to all the drivers and at NCRC we insist on driver personal responsability and courtesy to other drivers.
Part of a driver personal reponsability is to make sure that he/she will not run out of gas on the track

MteK:

Thanks for the compliment.

I know that when they see our prices, a lot of drivers believe that we must cut corners in order to offer those prices but the truth is that once they try us they realize that that we have managed to offer both QUALITY and low cost events. ( just read the quotes from recent new customers on our website)

We do, in average have more cars per run group than other clubs (25 to 35 depending on drivers skills, passing rules and track lengh) but a little dirty secret is that our maximum car numbers per group is not higher than most other clubs but simply that we fill out our run groups.

We have a few NCRC specific rules than differentiate us from some other clubs such as:
We do not mix passing rules within a group
With us the faster car ALWAYS have the right of way
The passing flag is not an advisory flag but is MANDATORY
etc

Luc
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2009, 02:36 PM   #92
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_Apex View Post
I'm not sure any organizition would foot the bill for track damage caused by a participant. Anyway, most don't know what they're paying for or not paying for in their registration fee. I actually prefer the NCRC alacarte system as I rarely leave the track and would rather not contribute to a towing pool that I never use. In the case of say, Trackmasters or Speedventures, they use their own pickup truck / strap / trailor so the premium is just extra revenue.

BTW, is your car a blown 328i?
I was trying to (poorly I agree) make a point about the pay to play aspect of being on the track with the wall reference.

But you're way of thinking is exactly right, for the one time I may end up needing a tow I'll cough it up then. But, according to Luc that's a non-issue apparently.

Totally agree with the Pay-to-tow for running out of gas!

No, I'm a 335. Has anyone actually blown a 328 yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #93
Hit_Apex
Riding the knock sensor
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
I was trying to (poorly I agree) make a point about the pay to play aspect of being on the track with the wall reference.

But you're way of thinking is exactly right, for the one time I may end up needing a tow I'll cough it up then. But, according to Luc that's a non-issue apparently.

Totally agree with the Pay-to-tow for running out of gas!

No, I'm a 335. Has anyone actually blown a 328 yet.
Dunno, I saw twinscrew and thought supercharger.

Luc, thank you for the clarification. See you at your next event.
      07-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #94
**Jay-V**
What it do, nephew?
Rep
Drives: 2012 E350 Bluetec

Garage List
If there is any track event out there to go to, this is the one. Laguna Seca is a PHENOMENAL track Definitely worth the all the money you'll spend For those who missed out on this event, try to make it to the next one........

'15 Fiat 500e
'14 MBZ E350 Sport
'11 Honda Pilot Touring 4WD
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2009, 04:15 PM   #95
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by luc View Post
Hi:

We do not charge for towing at any of the tracks, it's included in the entry fee.
There is only 1 exception and that is if you run out of gas on the track and need to be towed.

Towing cost money to the club ( between $500 to $700 per day depending of the track) but, more importantly it cost TIME to all the drivers and at NCRC we insist on driver personal responsability and courtesy to other drivers.
Part of a driver personal reponsability is to make sure that he/she will not run out of gas on the track

MteK:

I know that when they see our prices, a lot of drivers believe that we must cut corners in order to offer those prices but the truth is that once they try us they realize that that we have managed to offer both QUALITY and low cost events. ( just read the quotes from recent new customers on our website)

We do, in average have more cars per run group than other clubs (25 to 35 depending on drivers skills, passing rules and track lengh) but a little dirty secret is that our maximum car numbers per group is not higher than most other clubs but simply that we fill out our run groups.

We have a few NCRC specific rules than differentiate us from some other clubs such as:
etc

Luc
Hey Luc, this is Steve...you guys still need instructors for Thunderhill...I saw the email from Dave and was considering it. Let me know..thanks.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2009, 05:58 PM   #96
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
I can live with this.
So it sounds like the tow for what I did would have been free then?
I'd like to know because if it happened to me once, it most likely will happen again.

The good thing about my spin out is that a guy contacted me that was in an e46 M3, and he was in front of me before the spin.
He lost it as well but recovered easier than myself.
He was told that during the towing, they found a bit of oil at the turn.
This could have been the reason for the "all of a sudden losing traction and going sideways.
Believe me, I'm not making excuses because I know that there is tons of room for improvement. It's just that there was a good possibility that there were some other variables that contributed to me seeing my life flash in front of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luc View Post
Hi:

MteK:

etc

Luc

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2009, 07:35 PM   #97
Hit_Apex
Riding the knock sensor
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
Mr. 5 just looked at your video. Your turn in point and subsequent trajectory into 4 are completely different in the two laps. At approx 1:14 look at the red curb relative to your wiper nub and compare to approx 3:42 where your trajectory is on track to miss apex completely and you fight the car to give more turn-in at which point your tires give up. Whenever I realize I'm going to miss apex I go ahead and miss it, scrub speed on my current arc and do not accelerate until back on line. I'm glad you didn't find the tire wall -there is a lot of room in 4. Lately, T3 has been eating cars up.
      08-25-2009, 12:33 AM   #98
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

I took my STI there a couple years ago. That is one fun & beautifully maintained track. I had a new exhaust and was a little concerened about the shack; I think between 5 &6 going up the hill, where they measure how loud you are. Every subie there got pulled except for me.

In between runs I took tons of rides including in race prepped spec miata. I barely fit in it. My head was hitting the roof and I was extremely uncomfortable..........especially when we spun at 6 right into the tires!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 09:54 AM   #99
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
I took my STI there a couple years ago. That is one fun & beautifully maintained track. I had a new exhaust and was a little concerened about the shack; I think between 5 &6 going up the hill, where they measure how loud you are. Every subie there got pulled except for me.

In between runs I took tons of rides including in race prepped spec miata. I barely fit in it. My head was hitting the roof and I was extremely uncomfortable..........especially when we spun at 6 right into the tires!

Dont know if you saw my Spec Miata video at Laguna yet...

No, I didnt spin. This was in a race back in 2004. I passed a few guys though.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0